Chapter 28 - The Truth

(Important note: before we start, I reviewed the chapter in which Rimuru talks about his previous life to Arthur and I must clarify some things first so that it is not misunderstood,

Rimuru: A prince who became king after inheriting his father's place with great power and is good at using magic and sword. This is the story that Rimuru made up, and he fabricated some events.

enjoy the chapter.)

Arthur POV

"Rimuru, who are you really?" I asked my brother.

This has been a question I have had since we were born into this world, although my brother told me that he was a prince and then inherited the crown from his father, but for a moment I felt that he had lied to me.

It hurt me, that my brother lied to me, even though I told him my story, he lied to me and didn't tell me the truth, I thought maybe there was a reason why he shouldn't, and I chose to wait for him to tell me.

But right now, I couldn't hold back my curiosity about him, there are so many strange things about him, so many question marks circling around his actions, his very existence, the aura he gives off. As a king myself, I had met and interacted with many other royals, but Rimuru's aura seemed to surpass them all in its other-worldly quality. His aura seemed more....divine.

For seven years, I had accepted his story of being a prince who inherited the crown from his father without question, but as time passed, I couldn't shake off the feeling that he was hiding something from me. I couldn't help but wonder if there was more to his story than what he had told me.

When I finally confronted him about it, he looked tense and uneasy, avoiding my gaze, "I-I-" My brother looked down for a long time before taking a deep breath and raising his head, he looked me in the eye with a serious look, "Let's go somewhere else first" he said and I nodded, following him to an empty place where we sit and he summoned a soundproof barrier around us.

My brother gave me a look that seemed like he was going to say something serious, "First before I say anything, do you promise me that you will not change your view of me, Arthur?" he asked, sounding desperate, It was rare for me to see my brother so vulnerable. I knew whatever he was about to tell me would be significant. I gulped down a lump of saliva and nodded.

"I promise," I said firmly.

"May you have suspected it but the story I told was a lie with some facts." he said, looking at me with remorse in his eyes. I felt a heavy weight settle in my chest. Although I expected it, it still hurt a bit, the person I trusted more than anyone lied to me.

"So who are you really, Rimuru?" I pressed him, trying to mask the hurt in my voice, wanting to know the truth.

"I was an ordinary human being who lived an ordinary life in an ordinary world-" he said, but I interrupted him in mid-sentence.

"Wait, didn't you say you were a king before?" I asked, confusion creeping into my voice. Rimuru's aura had always suggested that he was more than just a commoner.

"Wait until I complete the story," he said and I apologized, "My life was an ordinary life, until I reached the age of thirty-seven at that time I was stabbed to death and I thought it was the end, but fate had another opinion..."

My heart raced as I heard his words, a million possibilities flooding my mind, "And you were reincarnated, but not in this world. You were in another world, meaning you were reincarnated twice, and this is your third life." I said, a statement more than a question. And he nodded, but this baffled me, is that all?