Please be honest

"Hey Daryl," I walked over to my best friend.

He was sat on one of the crates of all the ones we had stacked to the side in camp. I have liked Daryl for a long time. At this point I even think I love him. I never thought that he did. But a day ago my brother Rick was trying to convince me he did.

"Hey Y/N," Daryl smiled.

"Daryl. I want to ask you something and please be honest," I stepped closer to him.

"Ye anything," Daryl leaned forward.

"Do you like me?" I asked him while just looking down at my feet.

"No Y/N," Daryl answered.

"Well, my brothers a fucking liar then?" I went to step back.

"No Y/N!" Daryl grabbed my hands with his, "I love you."

"What?" I grinned.

"Ye. I love you. I have for some time," Daryl pulled me back over to him.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

"Because I was scared that if I told you then eventually something would happen. Or if we broke up and didn't want to have either of us having to leave the group or having it be awkward," Daryl explained.

I held his neck and kissed him. Daryl then held onto my waist and kissed back.

"I love you to," I told him when we pulled away.

"Woo! Yeah!" I heard my brother Rick yell.

"Shut up Rick!" I looked over to him and yelled back.

"Don't focus on him," Daryl laughed shaking his head.

"Okay," I nodded.

This time Daryl kissed me.