Its all in the details

"What's your favourite small detail in the walking dead?" The interviewer asked.

"My fave small detail? Easy! It's got to be what I simply call, hand on heart," I put my hand on my chest, "Now obviously I play the role of Y/N Grimes and the beautiful Norman Reedus plays our favourite badass Daryl Dixon. Now, when me and Reedus started dating I started doing this thing where I would put my hand on his heart. We still do it to this day. It's this cute thing because my favourite part of him is his sweetheart. My character was always portrayed as super emotional when it came to death. She is the worst character for a zombie apocalypse. In every death scene we had done where Y/N lost someone she knew; we had Daryl pull her away from the body and comfort her. If he wasn't there, then Y/N would have a huge emotional breakdown that took ages to calm down from. If Daryl was there, it was easier. So, in season 4, a little before Y/N and Daryl start dating, they are running, and Daryl passes out from exhaustion. Y/N immediately thinks to the worst that he's dead or dying. She puts her hand on his heart and can feel his pulse. Her mood lightens to know he's okay, but she keeps that hand there. That was improvised on me and Normans part. We wanted to bring this new meaning to Y/N's character and Y/N and Daryl's relationship. So, we then explained why we did it and the meaning. Me and Norman had discussed this the night before filming. We explained that Y/N needed a pulse. Daryl is so special to Y/N and vice versa. As long has Y/N can feel his pulse and knows he's okay, she's happy. She needs a pulse to be calm. So, this lead to load of cute moments in future seasons where if Y/N was stressed Daryl would put her hand on his heart. Even when Y/Ns absolutely fine, she does it anyway to show that she loves Daryl. Now I believe if anything ever happened to Y/N. I'm not saying she does but if she died, I think the absolute pain Y/N experienced through seasons one, two and three, will be reflected onto Daryl and he will need to find his pulse. His next love. So ye. That's my favourite small detail."

Daryl Dixon One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara