CHAPTER 4

Note: Napoleon Jakare Lamperouge <3. He may appear so full of himself here, but Jakare is a green flag. He's an advocate and a diplomat. Huwag na kayo pumila, inyo na siya agad-agad, charot haha.

•••|•••

[ C H A P T E R 4 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

Pahilim akong sumimsim ng tsaa para itago ang aking kumakawalang ngisi. Ginawaran ko ng tingin si Roshan na hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin maatim ang mukha na nananalaytay sa kanya. He is pissed, upset, or dissatisfied? Basta, sa tindi ng pagkasalubong ng mga kilay niya ay maski si Erwan umiiwas na pikonin siya ng todo.

Hindi siya approachable tingnan ngayon. Sino ba naman ang hindi mababa-badtrip kong naudlot ang gusto niyang gawin sa akin kanina? Malamang, talagang mababa-badtrip talaga siguro lahat ng lalaki kapag ganon.

Halos maibuga ko ang nasipsip kong tsaa ng magtama ang tingin namin dalawa. Napaubo ako at agad akong sinaluhan ni Hana para bigyan ng maliit na panyo.

"Excuse me," saad ko habang kinakalma ang sarili. Ginawaran ko muli ng tingin si Roshan na nakakrus ang mga kamay at paa habang nakaupo sa isang single seater. He looked at me while gleaming how pissed he is about our situation right now.

"I know this may be inappropriate, but the Duchess is truly a goddess of beauty. I admire your dedication at maintaining such a figure after marrying the Duke, your grace."

I looked at the person who was talking. His slim figure signifies his youth, while his clothes show his status in the society. A pair of green eyes made contact with mine, and as his thin lips formed a smile, his thick eyebrows raised multiple times. I can already see he's flirting.

"Thank you, Lord of the state, Napoleon Jakare Lamperouge," I said, earning my respect with his status that could be on par with Roshan, but the downside is, the land of Edinburgh is not his.

"Oh, just call me Jakare, your grace," he said.

"If you insist, then I must——"

"Must not address people she's not close with by their names, specially being called with its second name," Roshan said as he cut me off. "Don't try to display your philandering method on my wife for I can vouch it will never work."

The Lord of the State raised his eyebrows as if he was challenged by how Roshan concluded his statement. Agad bumalik ang tingin sa akin ni Jakare at ngumisi. He looked confident and his flirtatious look is starting to scrape my patience.

"I don't see any reason not to try," he said confidently. "Is the Duchess faithful to the Duke?"

"That depends on what aspect of faithfulness you wish to imply," I said as I challenged his stare. Isang nakakaimbyernang tawa ang lumabas sa kanyang bibig. "For a Lord who is busy handling the State, have you ever felt the need to visit the same tavern every once in a while and choose the same courtesan to serve you? If yes, then I can say that is a definition of faithfulness."

"Pricky, your grace, very prickly," he said. "I wonder who was smitten first, is it the Duke or is it you?"

"That is a personal matter I am not subjected to give an answer," I firmly said.

"Well, not that I want to know, but the State wishes to clarify a few rumors," he replied.

"Is that why you are here?" Roshan asked him to make the man look straight into the figure of my husband. "You picked today's date to visit, without knowing how greatly your presence affected our momentum."