CHAPTER 10

[ C H A P T E R 10 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

I lied about my fertile period. In fact, I made sure that the day I picked has a high chance of conception. Matagal ko ng plinano 'yon dahil sa ilang mga rason na alam kong masyadong selfish, pero ginawa ko 'to para sa kinabukasan ko. If I want to be alive for the next one year and 3 months, I need to conceive.

I know for a fact that I can never escape my past no matter how sincere my apologies are. I have to use my own child for my safety, and if I can deliver him well, I will use that chance to gain my freedom.

I'm selfish, I know. I am using this unborn child to bid for my own sin, but what other options will I choose? I want my freedom the most and in order to attain it, I need to be desperate. No one will ever understand my own reason, and I don't need to be understood, I just need to be free.

If we can finish this turmoil before the winter ends, I know I will never feel at ease. I must face my own demise in the verdict of the Emperor and his Royal Subjects. If they know I am carrying a Riedensteigh blood, will they allow my death to be executed? Of course not, they have no choice but to leave me unscratched until I deliver.

This will give me some time to think about my real escape, and even when it breaks me thinking that I will use my own child in exchange for my life and leave him to them, I have to. I must complete what this second life offers.

"Let us go." Blessime's voice went serious as she gleaned her displeasure towards the figure of the Commander of the Order of Knights, aiding the Duke of Riedensteigh. My heart pounded in nervousness and fear with the thought that followed his existence. If Cyan and Wince are here, it means that the Duke is nearby.

Bahagyang napako ang tingin ni Cyan sa akin at mas dumilim ang tingin niya. "I am ordered to bring the Duchess back to the Duchy, even if by force."

"Are you truly going to take her and bring her back to that fucking prison?!" Bless exclaimed. "Hindi mo pwedeng kunin si Latisha sa amin! I won't let you, even if I have to kill you myself."

Cyan forcibly shut his eyes as if he was calming himself from getting too angry. Bumagsak ang kanyang balikat na parang hindi na niya kayang kontrolin ang nararamdaman niya. He opened his eyes and a soft expression followed afterwards.

"Baby, come on. Don't be stubborn," Cyan said to Blessime that made my eyes widened. "Alam mo naman hindi ako pwedeng lumihis sa utos. Gusto mo bang mawalan ng gwapong future husband?"

"Potangina mo! Huwag mo 'ko ma-baby-baby, hayop ka! Isa pa, hindi ako papatol sa ugok na katulad mo!" inis na inis na litanya ng pinsan ko.

"Baby--"

"Isang baby pa d'yan, Cyan, at tiyak akong hindi lang dila mo ang puputulin ko!" putol niya sa sasabihin ni Cyan. "If you have even an ounce of respect for me, let us go. I can't risk the fact that the Duke might be nearby and he'll see her."

"Blessime," Cyan spoke in a nonchalant way. Agad na bumalik ang seryosong mukha niya. "Labas tayo sa gulo ng mag-asawa, kaya wala tayong karapatan na itago sila sa isa't isa. If you want me to respect your decision, respect mine too. The Duke needs her."

"They are no longer together," mariin na sabi ni Blessime. "He hurts her not just emotionally but also physically. As a cousin, I can never forgive those who will hurt her even out of my sight. She deserves more than him, and you need to suck that up!"

Tila isang debate ang sitwasyon dahil bawat isa ay may kanya-kanyang mungkahi. I felt like I am just an observer that needs to witness a lover's quarrel. Hindi ko nga rin alam kung kailan nagsimula ang love and hate ng dalawang 'to.