CHAPTER 23

[ C H A P T E R 23 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

After our love making, we changed into regal attire. Sobrang tagal na noong huli kong suot ng ganitong damit dahil hindi naman ako mahilig sa ganito. The heavy layers are making my agility depletes which is why I never really wore something exquisite even when I am just walking around the Duchy. Isa pa, hindi din sakto sa akin ang mga damit ko.

Logan uttered that the carriage carrying the Lord of the State had entered the territory of the Duchy. Roshan already deployed the entourage and we are now waiting for their arrival. I do understand that we are doing this out of formal accommodations, but I also wanted to implore camaraderie, so that what happened in the past will be forgotten.

"Wow, patingin nga ng mukha na laging nadidiligan?"

Biglang sumulpot si Blessime sa tabi ko. Pinandilatan ko pa siya ng mga mata pero napangisi lang ang bruha. She was holding an apple and took a bite after giving me a mocking expression.

"Respeto naman po sa single dito," dagdag niya.

"Single ka nga pero nawawala 'yan sa bokabularyo mo tuwing nakahubad ka sa harapan ng kaibigan ko," agad na sabi ko. I gave her a mean look and also an expression that I know what she is up to.

"Friends talaga kayo?" tanong ni Blessime. She crossed her arms as her eyebrows did the same. "Akala ko joke lang ni Cyan 'yon, kasi sabi niya din si Wince ang lagi mong ka-bonding."

"Speaking of," I uttered. I faced her side. Nasa entrance kasi kami ngayon ng mansyon para salubungin ang paparating. I was sitting on a chair at the center of the front door. Medyo mainit din kasi sa labas.

"You kissed Wince in front of Cyan. You are never that bitch to hurt a man's feelings, Blessime," I continued.

"Spare me with the scolding, Latisha. You don't know what truly happened," sagot niya. She doesn't sound displeased but I am sure she's talking with a little threat. "He is the one to blame. My signal was clear, siya lang itong malabo. I said we can explore our needs but we must not mix it with our wants."

Napamaang ako saglit. "Are you nuts?" hindi makapaniwala na tanong ko. I was looking at her face, trying to understand the context of what my cousin is implying. "You two are freaking me out," dagdag ko.

"Why? It's not like it's not a trend to have a fuck buddy, cousin," she uttered. Even her voice was filled with confidence and determination. Gusto ko atang sapakin ang babaeng ito sa pinagsasabi niya.

Napailing na lamang ako. "You are corrupted," I uttered.

"Ouch naman, ang sakit po, tagos to the bone but I don't fucking care," she uttered. She even acted like she was hurt and then binawi niya lang na parang wala lang sa kanya. "Who wouldn't be corrupted if he's fucking good on bed, cousin. Can your Duke compete with that?" she added.

I scoffed. "You don't want to know," I uttered. "But to save my husband's reputation, cousin. I wouldn't be pregnant if he wasn't that amazing."

"Heh," she replied. Lumihis ang tingin niya sa harap. "You planned to get pregnant, Tish. But of course, let's give him recognition for being a sharpshooter."

Napangisi na lang ako bago ako napailing. Having this casual talk with Blessime feels like we don't face danger on the way. I always feel at ease whenever she's around.

"I need to go," she suddenly uttered. "Ayaw kong makita ang pigura ng asungot na 'yon. Kapag hinahanap niya ako, sabihan mo lang na naghahanap ako ng mas magaling sa kanya. Bye, Tish. See you later!"