CHAPTER 22

Note: Happy 7th month, ROTR! It has been that long since the debut of the Duke and Duchess of Reidensteigh. Thank you so much for your unending support, and I apologize for the delayed updates. There have been a lot of setbacks lately, but I assure you that ROTR 2 will end this year. To commemorate this event, enjoy reading four Chapters today! I'm so generous, right? Hahahaha see you soon!

[ C H A P T E R 22 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

"Why did you decide that without consulting me?!"

Nagulat si Roshan nang biglang tumaas ang boses ko. Even Wince somehow got startled and began to walk away slowly. Hindi ko siya pinansin dahil nasa asawa ko nakatuon ang aking tingin.

"Why, your grace?" I added. My voice this time was chill, for I also didn't want this to turn into an argument. His amber orbs were speaking. It's talking to me, making me see in his eyes, earning a deep understanding and listening to his reasons.

"Because I don't want you to suffer," he replied. His voice was barely audible but I could hear it loud and clear because of our position. "You suffered because of her, because your parents fused you both into one. Now that there is a cure for it, I didn't hesitate to want it gone."

Lumapit ako ng konti. "Did you ever think I didn't do it when I had a chance?" I asked. My voice speaks of solid opposition, but I also want him to understand. "My mother's lineage is known for this dark magic. If they could do it, of course there is a cure. But what stake should be bet for a successful detachment?"

"Wife, Hashires are known powerful mages. Even Raphael didn't hesitate and immediately agreed," he uttered. He brought my hands together and trapped them in his fingers. "I want nothing but to free you from this curse, wife. I don't want to see you get hurt anymore."

"Hindi ko maintindihan," tanging nasabi ko na lamang. Umiwas ako ng tingin dahil parang naninikip ang dibdib ko kapag nakatingin ako sa kanya. "Saving me feels like his excuse, Roshan. He wants my magic, he wants a child that has my magic. He agreed to take my sister's soul from me because my sister also has it," I added.

"I know," he replied. Dinala niya ako sa iyang yakap at nagsimula siyang pakalmahin ako. "I am sorry..." he whispered below my ear. I could feel his sincerity flowing through his breath and his embrace that seems to convey more than what his mouth could.

"I want to talk to him," I uttered. Ramdam ko ang determinasyon sa boses ko. "He was here before, and I don't know how he wants to talk. Can you communicate with him?"

"I will ask Wince," he replied.

Unfortunately, Wince is no longer in the room. Mas humigpit lamang ang yakap niya sa akin at hinayaan ko na lamang. Buong akala ko pa naman ay ang pagbubuntis ko ang magiging susi sa kalayaan ko, pero bakit dumating itong asungot na Hashire at agad inangkin ang isa sa mga anak ko. Nabubuwist tuloy ako kapag naiisip ko siya.

"Roshan..." tawag ko sa kanya.

"hmmm?" he replied instantly. Nakasandal na ako sa dibdib niya habang pinagpiyestahan niya ngayon ang presensya ko. Lagi nalang ganito ang sitwasyon namin kapag kami lang. He said that my presence is an energy that he needs when the problems around the Duchy drains him.

"I never asked your thoughts about this pregnancy, didn't I?" I uttered right after a few seconds of silence. Dahil sa lapit namin, naramdaman ko kaagad ang pagtigas ng kanyang katawan. "Are you truly happy that we are having kids?" I added.

"I am, I've been wanting to have kids with you, because that's the only thing that will make you stay," he replied. His head is still buried in my neck and his breath tickles my skin. "When you asked for divorce, I was determined to hold grounds, to take risks. I was late at realizing how much you mean to me, Latisha."