CHAPTER 12

Warning: This chapter contains an R18 scene. Read at your own risk.

[ CHAPTER 12 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

The moment that Erwan woke up after they treated him, we left the house. We cannot take the risk of spending the night there for we know there will be enemies by dawn. Hindi ko na napansin kung saang lupalop napadpad si Magnus dahil hindi na siya bumalik, at mas lalong ayaw kong may dumagdag sa stress na nararamdaman ko.

We traveled farther east of Edinburgh. Sa sobrang kapal ng niyebe at ang pagbugso nito, halos hindi ko na maramdaman ang mga pisngi ko kahit nasa loob ako ng carriage na dala nila. From time to time, the Duke would use his breath to warm my hands and the tone of the room almost eradicated the cold.

Palagian ko rin naririnig si Blessime sa labas at ang walang tigil nilang bangayan ni Cyan. Napapansin na ng lahat ang relasyon ng dalawa at umarangkada na naman ang pang-aasar ni Wince. I felt relieved that they didn't change their approach to me after I've been gone for almost three months. Buong akala ko kasi ay nalusutan ko si Roshan sa plano, pero mas nauna pala siya sa akin.

Should I listen to Magnus and talk to him about my plan? Roshan already knows this is my second life, and I'm pretty sure he's troubled by it. Kahit hindi niya sabihin, nararamdaman ko ang pinapahiwatig ng mga titig at kilos niya. His shoulder seems stiff, and when he sighs it's too deep I could drown.

"Are you not cold?" I asked. Wala siyang ibang suot kundi ang kapa at manipis niyang royal suit. Tumaas ang kilay ko ng umiling siya. "Don't lie to me, your grace. You're paler, and look...your hair already freezes from the cold air."

"Then, are you warm?" he asked, which made me more confused. He breathes on my palms again before his amber orbs locked itself on my mine. "If you're warm, I am warm. I'm also used to the cold, so there's no need for you to worry."

I settled for his answer since I can't argue with him well. Pinagmamasdan ko na lang ang palagian niyang ginagawa kada lilipas ang dalawang minuto. He looked tired for some reason but he didn't show it when I'm looking at his face. He lost weight by how thin his slender fingers are.

"Aren't you mad that I left?" I asked.

"I let you leave," he replied and kissed my palm which made me feel even more warm.

"But you are mad," I insisted.

"I was," he quickly replied. Then lifted his head to look at my face. "But you're here now."

"Hindi ka ba magtatampo?"

The Duke's lips formed a smirk. "You want me to? What would you do if I'm sulking?"

"Wala," sagot ko. "Hindi ka naman matampuhin, seloso lang."

"Exactly, Latisha. I will do everything to understand you, but not the thought of you with someone else. I'll rip them to shreds."

Sinapak ko ng mahina ang kamay niya. Instead of feeling pain, he just widened his smirk that made me frown. Hinila niya ako para yakapin mula sa likod. I flinched when his arms circled around me, and I tried to hold my breath to flatten my stomach. it's not the time for him to know I've conceived an heir.

"Ako lang, Latisha," he whispered in my ears and I was astounded by how sullen his voice was. "Please, ako lang. Gawin mo ang gusto mong gawin. If you want to annihilate your own clan by your own hands, I will be there to support you. Anything you wish, wife. I will do as I might to uphold it, but I can't bear to see another man take you away from me. Hate me if you want, push me away, or even treat me like how I treated you before, just don't leave me for someone else."