CHAPTER 34

[ C H A P T E R 34 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

I haven't seen Napoleon Lamperouge since last night's event. He wasn't in his chamber when I asked a maid to tell him I needed his presence in the drawing room. Hindi ko rin mahagilap ang mga Clover Knights, maski si Erwan pagkatapos namin magkita kaninang umaga.

I wouldn't really think they are hiding, because the mansion is wide. Hindi na rin kasi ako pagala-gala dahil sa sitwasyon ko. I'm not allowed to walk around the house, courtesy to the duke's order.

"Hana!" I called out my former maid's name when I saw her passing the corridors. Agad siyang tumingin sa gawi ko at nagbigay pugay. "Have you seen the men of this house?" I immediately shot a question as I approached her.

"I believe they have been summoned at the eastern ground, your grace," she uttered. She looked at me intently and noticed the confusion I still have on my face. "There is a duel amongst men, Madame. The duke personally opened the friendly combat," she continued.

Napamaang na lamang ako dahil sa sinabi niya. "And is the lord of the state involved in this engagement?" I asked her, trying to prove what I thought was wrong, but Hana just nodded as an answer. "Oh, goodness gracious!" I added.

Diretso akong naglakad paalis at iniwan siyang nakamaang lamang. I went straight outside and immediately noticed the guards patrolling. I guess Roshan has his way of hiding more things from me.

I sneaked around the pathway, trying to act cool to avoid getting obvious where I should be going. Nang hindi sila nakatingin, dali-dali akong tumakbo papunta sa training ground. Diretso lang ang takbo ko, hindi mabilis pero hindi rin mabagal.

"Your grace!"

I heard Sir Hasan called me but I ignored him. I continued my approach, feigning composure despite the turmoil within. Sir Hasan trailed behind, struggling to keep up with my determined pace.

"Your grace!" he called again, but my focus remained unwavering. The training ground loomed ahead, a stage for unexpected revelations.

As I entered, the scene unfolded precisely as Hana described. The men were engaged in a combat scene, their bodies glistening with exertion. My fury escalated when my eyes found Anna among the spectators. The simmering anger threatened to spill over.

The men are on opposite poles with Anna. Napoleon and Cyan are inside the circular battleground, half-naked and sweating. My husband is seated on a wooden chair, facing the battle while Logan and Erwan are on his side. Nethys on the other hand is seated on a branch of a tree, far away from the combat.

"What in the hell is happening here?" I demanded, my voice cutting through the training ground's atmosphere. All eyes turned toward me, freezing the ongoing skirmish.

Cyan, sweaty and shirtless, grinned sheepishly. "Training, Madame. Just a friendly sparring session."

"Friendly? With the lord?" I pointed accusingly at Napoleon, whose presence seemed to add an unexpected layer to the situation. "Don't fool me, Cyan!" I added, then my eyes diverted at my husband's stares. "Does this look like friendly combat, your grace?"

The duke rose, a calm expression masking any surprise. "It's a training exercise, my love. Nothing more."

I shot him a withering look. "Training exercise or not, you could've informed me," I said as my voice went firm. He approached me quickly and snakes his arm around my waist. "And why is she here?" The question lingered in the charged air, awaiting an answer.

His arm tightened around my waist, attempting to dissolve my irritation with his closeness. "A duel instead of blood splatter," he explained, his voice calm amid the charged atmosphere. "Napoleon proposed it, and Cyan wished for a fair fight."