Chapter 3

Isabella's POV

I was explaining about our collection to the client when I felt someone staring at me. I twisted on my heels to confirm it as a delusion and shrug it off, but my eyes stopped roaming when they met those similar empty dark eyes, yet they held many stories. My eyes widened when I saw him again, neatly dressed in an olive green tux and crisp shirt matching the firm and crisp lines of his face. He was looking more relaxed than the last time, maybe because he didn't wear his sexy glasses tonight to keep it a casual look, since it was a party and not some official conference. I took a minute observing his unrealistic looks since I couldn't observe them that night because of dark, from his dark hair to dark eyes desperately searching something in mine, to his thin lips pressed together in a straight line.

His stare was burning holes in my soul, and I couldn't breathe for that fraction of a minute. I inhaled sharply when someone familiar stood beside him, Nate.

Nate hugged him and talked to him casually as if they were close to each other, but he still has his emotionless face.

Nate Kane. The CEO of Armani. It is one of the biggest and most famous fashion brands. The Host of Tonight's Party was close to him.

What was his name?
Connor.

I looked straight, remembering his name from that night. But why do we keep on crossing each other's path! Why did the point of contact between us burned with so much intimacy and something more heavier.
I shrugged and enjoyed the party. It was the first party where I had an invitation to my name and not of the company's name. I walked out of the party at the end of it, and we didn't make any eye contact after that, though I could feel his stare at me.

Why did he keep staring at me?

He looked like a rich man, too, and with all his charm, he could make any girl fall for him.

I shrugged and exhaled deeply.

Maybe I am just overthinking. He could not be stalking me.

I was distracted by my thoughts when I heard my phone vibrating. I looked at the caller Id flashing on the screen and smiled. Luna.

She was like this always worried sick if I didn't get back at home safe and early. I slid the icon and placed it on my ear.

"Hey! Where have you've been! It's almost midnight, Isa! You know how much I was worried!"

I chuckled at her voice. She probably must be pouting right now and huffing around.

"And how are you at home today. No emergency patients?"

She was the one who rarely came back home. Because of a general surgeon and her duty was in emergency thrice a week. We rarely met at home on working days. It was only weekends when we enjoyed each other's company, and Grace slept over almost every other weekend. We all were rommates in college dorm, and that's how we knew each other and became friends. We didn't really have any problems living with each other. Even after graduation, we all insisted on living together, but the apartment that we purchased was quite far from Grace's workplace, so she moved in with her colleague.

"I haven't slept for two nights in a row, I requested Tessa to take over my shift so I can have a proper and relaxing weekend."

She sighed, and I nodded.

"We'll surely have a nice weekend. I don't really have to do any work of Anastasia, so we can stay in and do all relaxing girly stuff. Watch Grey's Anatomy for what 876th time while eating pizza."

I teased her. She didn't like any movies based on doctors. I don't know why. But she just didn't. She liked action movies more.

"Isabella Young! You better not tease me again and get your ass back at home fast!"