Chapter 20

Aaron's POV

I was in the gym when I received a call from Dr. Kent. I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could. I entered the room and saw Isabella lying on the bed. I held her hand close to my chest, trying to calm myself.

What the hell happened that triggered her panic attack!

"What happened, doctor?"
I spoke through my teeth as blood boiled in my veins, ready to tear apart the cause of her panic attack.

"She was found unconscious in the elevator. Her pulse rate was very low then. There was no one in the elevator. She told me that small spaces suffocate her, but she has been fine while using the elevator. I don't know what triggered to cause stress and anxiety. It-"

She was cut off by Isabella's sudden gasp as she jolted up on the bed.

"Sunshine.."

I called her in a soft and gentle tone, and tears fell down on her cheeks as she looked at me. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me, hugging her tightly.

"H-He will kill m-me..A-Aaron.."

She sobbed in my chest and gripped tightly on my sweatshirt. I caressed her hair and back calming her.

"No one will hurt you. I'm here. You are safe with me, sunshine."

"I-I'm so scared.. he said he would kill me just like he killed my mom.."
She sobbed harder.

"You talked to your dad!?"
I asked in confusion. He is in Auburn. I got an update from one of Karl's men when we landed. He's keeping an eye on him. In case he tries to approach Isabella and hurt her. I'll hunt him down before he can even touch single hair on her body.

"H-He called.."
She spoke through her sobs and pulled back, wiping off the tears.

"What did he say?"
I clenched my jaw.

She took a minute before speaking.

"He threatened to kill me if I didn't transfer him money. I-I should send him money right way.."
The shiver jolted through her body as she frantically looked around and tried to get up from bed, but I held her still.

"If you are going anywhere, that's home. You need to rest."

"But I-"

"No buts. I will take care of him. Trust me, I won't let anyone touch you."
I cupped her face while looking deeply into her eyes and wiped her tears with my thumb, reassuring her.

She nodded slightly, scared, but calmed herself.

"Doctor, please postpone her session for two days until she gets better."
I looked at Dr. Kent and she nodded.

"Of course Mr.Connor, we can do that.
Isabella, take care of yourself, and you can talk to me whenever you feel like it."
She smiled politely at her, and Isabella gave her a slight nod.

She left the room, and so did we after her. We both sat in the car, and I started driving.

"Bring him to the warehouse. NOW."
I texted Karl and looked over at my sunshine, who was sitting silently beside me, looking down at her fingers.

"Is Luna home tonight?"
I looked at her and asked, just to make sure she's not alone tonight.

"Hm.. she and Grace are at home."
She spoke slowly, but her mind wandered somewhere else.

"Okay, I'll drop you home then. And you should probably tell them about your father. So they are cautious too."

She just nodded. Still silent from the shook.

I don't like my sunshine like this. Heartbroken and numb.

We reached her apartment in a few minutes. After walking her inside, I returned back to my car and drove to the warehouse. I bought it for a specific purpose in a remote, soundproof, and guarded place. It is used by me and Ace since we have common business rivals. Two men stood outside guarding the warehouse while the other two followed me along with Karl. I walked inside, and Isabella's father was already sitting on the wooden chair, tied up with thick jute rope around his wrists and ankles.

What I was doing wasn't legal at all, but he deserved it. He deserves all this. When it comes to her, I don't care about ruining my reputation as a businessman. I will burn down the whole world for her. I will give justice to my sunshine and her mother since the law can not. I usually do such things for pleasure. But this situation with this person is totally different. I will make him suffer and beg for his own death. Torturing my sunshine and threatening to kill her is just too much. She won't be able to recover from her trauma until and unless he's dead .

Isabella's father screamed and tried to free himself from the tight knot around his wrists.

"Who the fuck are you! Let go of me this instant. You don't know me."
He shouted as the only light bulb glowed on top of his head, and he was unable to see me in the dark.

"I know you pretty well, Mr. Cox, or shall I call you a murdered..? And I don't see the need to introduce myself."
I walked towards him, close enough to make my face visible to him.

His mouth was wide open as his eyes met mine, burning in rage.

"Connor....Aaron Conner.. you are Isabel -"

"You lost the right to call her by her name ages ago."
I spoke through my teeth and looked at the man on my right, and nodded at him.

"This is for destroying my Isabella's childhood."
He threw a sharp punch on his face, already bruising his lip.

"And this is for threatening her."
I said, followed by another punch.

He coughed and spit blood on the ground. And I looked at him with content face.

"Hammer nails on the back of his hands."
I spoke curtly, and both of my men started hammering nails on his hands. He let out a sharp, agonizing scream.

"Please stop..why are you doing this!"
He spoke through his screams as blood started to pool around him on the floor.

"You ask me why! You snatched away my Isabella's mother from her at such a young age. You killed her in front of her own child just because she found out about your affair with a bartender. And you even killed the poor pregnant bartender. And yet you kept on torturing and threatening your own daughter. She couldn't sleep for nights because of the nightmares created by you. You gave her nothing but pain. And you dare to ask me why!"

I spoke in a low tone, but it increased word by word, and my fist tightened.

I know everything. I knew it while searching the information on him, but I didn't tell Isabella. It will only hurt her more to know about her father's wrongdoings.

"Make sure to torture his hands and slice the knife brutally through them so that even his soul can remember the pain in hell. And don't make his face unrecognizable much. Just give him a few bruises and make sure to fake it as an accident on the streets of Auburn where he was beaten up by drunk filthy people who seek pleasure in other's pain."

"Yess Boss."
They said and continued their work while his screams increased. I turned around and walked away from there.