Chapter 15

Aaron's POV

I woke up by sun raise shining brightly on my face. I open my eyes, and my lips curled up, looking at Isabella sleeping peacefully. She snuggled close to me. I moved my fingers and tucked the loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

She's finally sleeping peacefully. No signs of worry or stress linger her anymore. Her father hasn't tried to contact her yet. If he does, he's dead. I don't want Isabella to suffer anymore.

My jaw clenched, remembering her wails of agony. I gently caress her cheek, and she opens her eyes slowly. Faint blush tinted her cheeks as she caught me staring at her.

"Good morning."
She said shyly.

"Good morning, sunshine."
I kissed her forehead and got up from bed.

"Where are you going?"
She asked, craving for my warmth.

"I'm going to hit the gym. You can sleep some more, I'll wake you when I'll get back."

"Mhmm, okay."
She let out a small yawn and reluctantly pulled the covers close to her.

"Adorable"
My lips curled up as I whispered under my breath.

After changing into white tee and grey sweatpants, I made my way to the gym of Skyline. I was benchpressing three-sixty lbs when I heard a familiar voice beside me.

"Never thought of you to be the dating type, Connor."

I glanced over at the blonde man wearing a playful smirk across his face.

"Keeping tabs on me, Ace."
I spoke with a straight face.

Ace King. My first tenant. Who lives right below me.
A sly businessman who can go to any extent to achieve success.

"Just confirmed the rumors going around."
His smirk widened.

I don't mind announcing Isabella officially in the business world. I'm just trying to keep her away from my enemies. I don't want her to get hurt because of me.

"Better mind your business unless you want me to test my strength on you."
I scoffed, continuing my workout.

"So it's not only just dating. You have serious feelings towards her, don't you?"
He raised his brow.

I let go of the weight and stood up, looking straight in his eye.

"Don't even think about speaking about it to anyone."
I spoke coldly.

"Possessive much?"
He slid his hands in his pockets.

"I don't like sharing."

"So you do have a weakness now.
How stupid it is to fall in love."
He huffed.

"Love isn't made for me."

She has become my weakness.
I can't let my enemies get her.

"Your actions mean otherwise."
He shrugged.

"Don't you dare say a word about her to anyone."
I spoke through my teeth and clenched my fists.

"I wouldn't dare to offend the owner of skyscraper."
He raised his hands in defense with a smug look.

My nose flared with anger, and my phone rang, gaining my attention. And Ace slipped away from there.

Spoilt brat. Always annoying me.

I picked up my phone and placed it on my ear.

"Ok, place the bags in the living room. I'll be right there."