Chapter 21

Aaron's POV

The next morning, I rang the doorbell, and after a few minutes, Luna opened the door. She looked at me and opened the door wide.

"Are you here for, Isa?"
She said while examining the sunflowers and coffee filled paper cup in my hand.

"Is she awake?"
I gave a short nod.

"Yes, I just checked on her. Come in."
She said and turned around while walking towards Isabella's room. I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

"Isa! Look who's here for you!"
She called out, and the next moment Isabella's bedroom door opened, and Isabella walked out looking adorable in her bunny pajamas while hugging her little bunny and letting out a small yawn

She should be hugging me instead of that not so good toy of hers. I should probably think of ways to slaughter it later.

My frown turned into a small smile as she cheered up, looking at me.

"Who's- Aaron!"
Her eyes opened wide, and she walked excitedly towards me.

"Did you sleep well, sunshine?"
I said while giving her sunflowers, and she inhaled their scent, calming her mind.

"Yeah, kinda. Mr. Bunny was there to protect me."
She gave a small smile.

I could've stayed with her at night but I had other important business to deal with.

Don't worry, sunshine, this beautiful smile of yours will get wider soon, and you won't have to live stressfully anymore.

"Good. I bought you caramel mocha. Get dressed, I'll drop you off to work."

Or maybe somewhere else..

"My favorite! Thanks. I'll get ready."
She took the cup from my hand and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Totally whipped!"
I heard Luna's voice, and our heads snapped at Luna and Grace, who were giggling while looking at us.

"You owe me a dollar."
She teasingly said to Grace, who whined.

"I should've known."
Grace groaned.

"What are you both even talking about... betting on us!"
Isabella asked them as she placed the coffee cup and flowers on the table beside her.

"Nothing!"
They both said in unison and straightened up.

"Don't lie to me. You both were betting on us!"
She huffed, making a cute pout.

"No..it's just that I told her he's totally whipped for you, but she wouldn't listen, so we.."
Luna blabbered hesitatedly.

"I'm so done with you both. Grace, wait till you find your husband, I'm gonna tease the hell out of you."
Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as Isabella stomped towards them.

"Isa.. No.. I - we were just trying to lighten the mood. We were just joking because you were really sad yesterday. We just wanted to get you a good laugh."
Grace stuttered as she slowly walked backward.

"You really think that would make me laugh? You are so dead, Grace Alison Myers!"
She scowled at her and threw her bunny at Grace.

I couldn't help but laugh looking at them.

She was right. They are her family. And I'm glad at least she had them when I wasn't by her side. But now she has me, and I'll make every day of hers filled with happiness and laughter. I promise, and I won't let anyone hurt you ever again.

I took an oath to myself while I saw the three friends laughing in each other's company.

Isabella stopped laughing as she heard her phone ringing. She picked up her phone, flashed an unknown number, and the color of her face vanished. All of us looked at her in silence. She placed the phone on her ear and final exhaled on hearing a woman's voice.