Chapter 4

Aaron's POV

What did just happen!
I gave her a ride home.
And saved her from her boyfriend?!
Or maybe ex-boyfriend.

The blood running through my veins boiled when I saw the petite brunette struggling to get out of the fierce force that her stupid ex-boyfriend was applying on her.

I pressed the brakes and ran my fingers through my hair, messing the perfect done hair. I clench my jaw.

Every time I looked at her, something in me ignited, I felt a million emotions running in me when I look at her, and for God's sake, when I freed her from that bastard I relieved. I calmed myself when I felt her soft, delicate hand in mine. She was safe. Her addictive vanilla scent is still floating in my car. I inhaled deeply and leaned back on the leather seat.

I can't involve her with me. I'm a cursed man. No one stays happy with me. People like me don't get happy endings, especially when we're made to destroy them. And she has such a beautiful and sunshiny personality. But still, there was a hint of fear in those eyes. The small glimmer of light in my dark world. But what if her ex came again looking for her.

I groaned and tightened my grip on the steering. I pressed the ignition as I drove to my penthouse.

Isabella's POV

The weekend passed calmly with Grace and Luna, except I was jobless now. My boss fired me because she found a "better" assistant than me. Great! Now I've got to find another job. I have some savings but they were for my fashion brand and I have to pay a good sum of money to my father monthly, otherwise he will come looking for me and demand for it. He isn't the best father, but after he lost his job, I decided to give him a particular amount for his daily needs. It was my duty as his daughter. I hated him, but if I didn't give it regularly, he'll come to haunt me.

I brushed off my father's thoughts , grabbed my laptop, and scrolled through the fashion news to see photos of the fashion event from the other night. My eyes stopped when I saw Nate and Aaron in the photo. Nate was looking very handsome, flashing his flirtatious smile while Aaron's expression remained neutral. Cool, calm, collected.

Below the photo, their names were written.
Nate Kane & Aaron Connor, The youngest billionaire's of US.

My eyes widened.

Billionaire!

And without a second thought, I searched him up on the internet.

Aaron Connor
26
CEO of Connor Properties
No mention of parents and siblings
MBA graduate from Harvard Business College with IQ of 190

Impressive!

I looked through his photos, which were available, on the net. He was looking expressionless in every one of them. And suddenly, his face from that night flashed in front of my eyes.

Worried, angry, relieved.

He didn't seem someone to interfere in anyone's business , so why did he save me that night! He sure didn't seem like one of the good guys either. He was a predator wrapped in sophisticated charm.

My thoughts were distracted when my phone vibrated. I glance at it and pick it up, viewing the text from the unknown number. My breath hitched as I scanned the words flashing in front of me.

You are mine, Isabella. Stop luring around with other men like a slut.