Chapter 27

Isabella's POV

I couldn't even sleep a blink last night. I got up from my bed and walked towards the bathroom monotonously and opened the tap as I stared at myself in the mirror with puffy eyes and dried tears staining my cheeks as Liam's words wondered in my mind the whole night. I splashed some water on my face when I heard Luna calling my name. I turned off the tap and walked out of my room to find Luna and Aaron talking with each other. When they both noticed my presence, Aaron smiled at me and stood up from the couch, but before he could move towards me, I stopped him.

"Don't...come near me.."

My voice came out shaky, and they both frowned as his smile dropped.

"Love, what happened?"
He asked in a rather calm voice.

Tears collected in my eyes, but I clenched my fists tightly, holding them in.

"Did you..kill my father?"

I look at him, desperately wanting him to prove me wrong. He remained silent as his jaw stiffed. He didn't even say a word and avoided my eyes.

Please, Aaron.. why are you silent! Please.. just prove me wrong.

"You did..you did kill him!"

My voice came out as a whisper as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Love... I can explain -"
He took a step towards me, and I backed off from him. He stopped and looked at me with hurtful and horrified eyes.

"Stop! Stop calling me that. You can explain what, Aaron? That you told someone to stalk me? Is that stalker still outside my house, looking at me? At all of us? That's how you knew everything about me on our first date so that I can fall in love with you! Why did you choose me? I have nothing to offer you. You could've made another girl your obsession! Why did you choose me? So you could leave me heartbroken after playing with my feelings! Do you even love me..?!"

I said through my sobs as I looked at him.

"I...I love you, Isabella. It's all misunderstanding. Tell me who told you this, I will -"
He clenched his fists tightly, and his jaw twisted.

"You will what? Kill him?"
I looked at him in disbelief, and he looked down.

"I thought you knew the loss of family. Even though he was not a loving father at all... but still, he was my father.. how could you kill him?"

"I wanted to see you smile and without any worries. I want you to be content and live your life.."
He silently spoke without looking at me.

"And killing my father was the only option you could think of? My mental health was already improving after visiting Dr. Kent. Did you really have to go this far? Did you really think I would be content living my life with my boyfriend who murdered my father and faked his death as an accident?"

"Isa.. I don't know how to explain, I just couldn't see you hurt.."
He held my hands and looked at me pleading.

"But you are the one who've hurt me the most. What did I ever do wrong to you?"
I sniffed.

"You did nothing wrong, love."
He let go of my hands and cupped my face in his hands, wiping away my tears.

I moved my face away from his hands and wiped my tears.

"I.. need some time to think.. it's better we stay away from each other.."

I looked away from him as my heart broke in a million pieces with every word that came out of my mouth. I couldn't say this while looking at his eyes, those eyes in which I once saw the man I love, but now they hold murderous gaze.

"No, I-Isa.. please don't do this! Please... I can't live without you. I love you."
He begged me as his voice cracked.

I turned around as tears flowed continuously but spoke in a rather stern voice, ignoring his plea.

"And if I find anyone stalking me, I won't hesitate to call the cops."

"Isa -"

Ignoring his words, I rushed into my room and shut the door as I leaned against it and cried silently.

After a few seconds, I heard the main door close. And a soft knock was heard on my door.

"Isa..open the door for me please.. tell me what happened."
I heard Luna from the other side of the door.

I opened the door, and she looked at me with a soft gaze.

"Oh, Isa!"

She pulled me in a hug and caressed my back while holding me silently as I cried on her shoulder.

After a few minutes, I pulled away from her. She made me sit on my bed and gave me a glass of water. I drank a few sips of water and calmed myself as I told Luna everything that happened last night. Everything that Liam told me and I showed her all the letters that I got from him with the crimson roses.

"That bastard, Liam is stalking you! Tell me Isa.. why did you break up with Aaron? I can see that you still love him, and no doubt whatever he did was totally wrong, but he loves you. You should've seen how heartbroken he was when he left. He was crying, Isa. Did you break up with him because of Liam's threat? If so, then you should tell Aaron about him. He'll be dead soon enough."

She looked at with an obvious look. I stared at her and shook my head.

"No! That's why I didn't tell him. I don't want him to kill anyone else for me. I won't be able to live with that burden. He already has blood in his mind for the man who killed his family, I can't let another man's blood on his hands!"

"But Isa.. you are not only punishing him like this but yourself also.."
She looked at me concerned.

"It's better this way, I guess.. moreover, I really need some time to think, Luna."

"You were already an orphan even when your father was alive. And he made your life miserable. He's better dead, Isa.."
I blinked as she said the words that were lingering inside me.

"It's true, but still.. he was my father. I just.. need some time."
I sighed.

"Just don't overthink and hurt yourself like this."

She said, and I nodded slightly.