Chapter 16

Aaron's POV

It's been two weeks since my sunshine has been busy working her ass off for the launch of beauty collection. My sweet sunshine is so much devoted to her work. She needs to take rest. We had dinner last night, and it's been less than twenty-four hours since our last real interaction, and I already craved her closeness like an addict hungering for his next hit. If she is my addiction, then I never wanted to be cured. Ever. The strongest drug that I never want to stop taking. She has the soul full of sunshine. My footsteps came to a hault as I reached near her. She was packing her stuff and arranging her desk. Nate has already left to spend some more time with her fiance, Alyssa. He's not even married to her yet, and he's already whipped for her.

How can someone have such an impact on one?

I wondered.

She noticed my presence and looked up at me, despite of being exhausted, she managed to give me her beautiful smile. The corner of my lips automatically curved up seeing her warm smile. I gave her the sunflowers which I bought for her, and she happily cheered up, looking at them.

"Aaron, I didn't know you were coming here!"
She said because of my surprise visit.

"I came to surprise you, sunshine."
I smiled at her.

"You know, I love surprises!"
She giggled.

"Well then, there's another one for you.."

"Oh really! What is it?"

"Not what. Where."

She looked at me with a confused look.

"We are going to your favorite place this weekend."

"To my favorite place! Is it a beach?"
She gasped with excitement.

"More than that. It's made up of islands and is called the floating city."

Her eyes widened, and she gasped loudly as she processed my words.

"Venice!"

"Yes, love. Venice."
I smiled at her excitement.

"Really! I've always wanted to go there. I have been fascinated by Venice and whole Italy my entire life. It's been on my bucket list."
She squealed and hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back and caressed her hair gently.

"What else is on your bucket list? I'll help you with it."

"There's just a few things. I'll tell you later about it. For now, I'm gonna focus on Venice. Thanks, Aaron."
She smiled and stretched her feet up, giving a small peck on my lips and grinned.

"Anything for my sunshine."
I smiled.

"Wait, you said we are going this weekend.. which means I have only two days to pack for my dream trip. I should better get going and start packing this instant."

I laughed at her cuteness.

"Come sunshine, I'll drop you home."
I said and held her hand, walking out of the building.

Isabella's POV

Aaron told me we'll be going for three days. Three days are enough to explore Venice, I guess. I already asked Grace for a list of must-see places and cafés to explore. Though I am sure Aaron must've prepared everything. He's an organized and planned man. But still, I've kept my list as a backup one, or if we get some free time to explore its beauty. I don't want to leave out even a single place about Venice, which I'll be regretting later. It's not like I'll be visiting it often. I packed all of my pretty dresses. I'm only going to wear dresses there, no shorts or skirts.. only dresses. My favorite ones. I smiled happily. I swear Luna will blow up my mind if she keeps on teasing me about how great my boyfriend is. And this silly girl packed hot and revealing bikinis for me.

We flew to Venice by his private jet. And he reserved the most luxurious hotel of Venice. And the best suite with so many VIP facilities I've ever seen. Of course, there's no spending limit for him. He has the Amex Black Card, which has zero limits. The whole trip was solely and perfectly planned by him.

Venice was so incredible. The food, beauty, and culture.. everything lived up to my expectations. Venice was all about art and history heritage. This unique city with its magical, spectacular scenery is not just beautiful; it is a real miracle of creative genius: a city built on mud, sand, and the slime of a difficult, inhospitable landscape. The first day, we explored the Grand Canal, art at famous Doge's Palace, and the great bridges of Venice. The second day, we spent our evening enjoying ballet and live music at Teatro La Fenice, which is a truly magnificent 1000-seat theatre. And Ca' d'Oro - a Venetian-Gothic palace that also happens to be home to the Franchetti collection of Renaissance art was solely incredible, and so was enjoying in the beautiful boats traveling to distant places from our hotel.

I woke up and stretched my arms sitting up on the bed. Today is our last day at this beautiful place. I felt a little sad thinking about my last day but shrugged my negative thoughts away.

I'm with Aaron. In the beautiful city, Venice. I should enjoy our last day to the fullest.

I looked over to my side, and thin lines were formed on the sheets where Aaron had slept last night. He wasn't there, but his scent still lingered on the sheets. I got up from the bed and saw a big box on the table, and on top of that was placed the most beautiful bouquet of sunflowers I've ever seen.

It's hard to believe he has never dated anyone before and haven't done any romantic gesture for any girl before. Girls will kill each other to have this man if any of them learned he's a pure softie at heart irrespective of his cold, well cultivated exterior. I feel so blessed to be his girlfriend.

A soft, shy smile danced on my face as I picked up the flowers and inhaled their fresh scent. I took the note placed on the box and unfolded it.

Happy birthday, sunshine.
Get dressed and come to the lobby.
I'll be waiting for you.

I folded the note and opened the box. I gasped as I saw a beautiful dress and heels placed in it. I took the dress and made my way towards the bathroom to get dressed.

This is gonna be the best birthday ever.

I chimmed.