Chapter 17

Isabella's POV

I placed the sunflowers in the vase on my bedside table before showering. I wore the beautiful hot orange A-line silk cocktail dress, which fits me perfectly. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and smiled. The dress was quite revealing. The v neck exposing my chest and my back was just covered by the two strings cris crossing each other till my lower back. It wasn't floor length. It came just above my ankle. I put on the heels and wore decent nude makeup, tinting my lips with my favorite light brown matt lipstick. I put on open heart gold earrings and wore a gold bracelet. I let down my wavy hair and happily made my way towards the hotel lobby where Aaron was waiting for me.

I took the elevator to the lobby and walked towards Aaron. He was busy talking to someone on the call, looking charming as always. He was wearing loose tan trousers and a white shirt, unbuttoned from the top, and sleeves rolled over till the elbow revealing his muscular tan veiny arms.

His hands and arms are gonna be the death of me.

I just have one thought every time I look at those hands. I want them wrapped around my neck when he mercilessly f- what the- STOP ISA! why am I having such unholy thoughts.

A flame ignited low in my stomach when I found Aaron staring at me the next minute. The intensity of his gaze was like that of a lover determined to map every inch of my body with his dark eyes.

"Glad I chose this dress. You are looking like Aphrodite."
He said in a calm voice in spite of the dark storms in his eyes.

"Thanks, it's really beautiful."
I gave a shy smile and kissed his cheek.

"Happy Birthday, love."
He smiled and took out a box from his pocket.
It's a turquoise Tiffany box.

He gave it to me, and I gasped as I opened it. He gave a pendant necklace. It's so beautiful. A gold Tiffany chain with two pea sized gold hearts slightly overlapping each other. I flipped it over and saw our initials written on it in a beautiful style.

"Thank you so much. I really love it."
I said it with almost teary eyes.

"Let me put it on for you."
I nodded, and he placed the beautiful necklace around my neck. I am wearing his initial in a chain around my neck. I smiled widely, and he kissed me.

We spent our day exploring the markets and tasting famous Italian food, including dishes like bacalà mantecato, sarde in saór and fritto misto, as well as desserts like silky tiramisu and s-shaped bussolài cookies. They all were very delicious. We even ate galetos. Venice Galetos are very famous and of different flavors beautifully decorated with nuts and other toppings.

We took many photos together. It's the first time I've seen Aaron so much happy. It was around sunset when Aaron and I went to the famous gondola ride on the grand canal. Everything in Venice is so serene.

I was resting in Aaron's arms, enjoying the beautiful sunset, and the sound of water as the gondolier rows the boat. It's so peaceful. It reminds me of my childhood.

"I'm so glad you planned the trip around my birthday. It's the best birthday I've had in years."
I said while he was caressing my hair gently.

"I'm glad you like it here. We came here to celebrate your birthday particularly and you seemed so stressed these past few weeks. That's why I planned a vacation so you could relax your mind."

"Really! How - I mean..why.."
I turn my head and look at him.

"I know how much you love water, my little mermaid. That's why I brought you to the city of waters."
He smiled at me.

"You are the best boyfriend ever."
I smiled at him and leaned my head back on his shoulder.

He's so thoughtful.

"Before my mother's death, we all used to celebrate my birthday every year having a beach party. Dad used to build sand castles with me. Each year, we built a bigger and different type of castle. After losing my mom and dad being my biggest nightmare, Luna and Grace have been my only family. And now I have you. I'm so happy. Please..don't ever leave me."
I said as my grip on his hand tightened.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him, planting a kiss on top of my head.

"I'll never leave you, sunshine."

His words sound so sincere, and I relaxed, melting in his arms.

After the gondola ride, we had dinner and went back to our hotel. My heels were killing my feet from wearing them and walking around all day long. So, I took them off and grabbed them from their strings as we reached the hotel. I pressed the elevator's button and waited for Aaron because he was talking to the receptionist about our checkout time tomorrow morning. He walked towards me, and on noticing me bare feet, his smile dropped, and he looked at me worried.

"I'm so sorry, sunshine. I should've bought flats."

"It's fine, Aaron. You don't have to worry about it, we just have to go to our room. I can walk bare feet."

"No. You are not walking bare feet."
He said curtly.

"Aaron- what.."
I gasped as he picked me up in his arms.

"You didn't have to. I told you, I'm fine."
I said shyly.

"And I refuse you to walk bare feet anywhere. I don't want you to harm your pretty feet anymore. I'll give you a massage when we get to the room."
He said and stepped into the elevator. Surprisingly, there was no one inside.

"Now you are a masseuse!"
I laughed at his words.

"I can be anything for you."

"You don't have to massage my feet. They are fine."
I let out another laugh.

"No. It's because of me that you are in pain now."

"You aren't gonna give up until I say yes, are you?"

"You know me so well, don't you, sunshine!"

He gave me a proud smirk.

"Okay then, you can massage my feet."

I smiled and pecked his lips. He walked out of the elevator towards our room. I opened the door as his hands were full with me. He walked in, and the door shut behind him automatically. He put me on bed and took off his loafers. I placed my heels on the floor as he put me down and bought a wet towel soaked with warm water and cleaned my feet with it before massaging them.