Chapter 14

Isabella's POV

It's been two whole months since I've started attending the counseling sessions with Dr. Kent. She's the sweetest and most patient person I've ever met. Aaron is paying for my sessions. I've told him multiple times that I can do it, I don't need his money or favors, but he doesn't take no for anything. Why would he even? He's the Aaron Connor. In my first sessions, it was difficult for me to open up to her, but eventually, she made me relax and feel comfortable around her, and I told her about my past. According to her, my progress is good. I rarely get nightmares, and I haven't experienced any panic attacks since last month. I have to attend the counseling thrice a week. In my last session, Dr. Kent appreciated me and told me I'll be perfectly fine till Christmas. I've stopped sending money to my father, and surprisingly, there's no word from him. Liam has been awfully quiet since the last note with our date photos. I sometimes get worried, thinking he might be planning something big. But nothing has happened yet. It's best he's silent, I guess.

I shook my head, shrugging off the negative thoughts. I wore his grey sweatshirt, which reached till my mid thigh and tied my hair in a loose bun. I played music on my phone and headed towards his kitchen while singing the lyrics of the song. I'm staying at Aaron's penthouse for the weekend. It's so luxurious yet simple. Vintage Vogue Green and Cloudy Gray painted walls. Beige and Dark Brown Curtains matching with beautiful modern furniture in the penthouse. I already bought the ingredients on my way. I glance at the clock and smile brightly before preparing the dinner.

He'll be home soon. I'll surprise him with dinner and dessert. How can he not like sweet things!

I pout while preparing fillet steak for dinner, and as for dessert, I prepared cheesecake. I'll serve it with strawberry toppings. I thought and smiled wider as I sway my hips to the music. I turned around while mixing the cream and gasped when I saw Aaron leaning on the door frame, looking perfectly polished, just the way he left in the morning. His hands were in his pocket, and he was staring at me from top to bottom with a smirk dancing on his lips. The big bowl almost slipped from my hands, realizing that my legs were in full display to him. I was so engrossed in music and cooking that I didn't even notice his presence. He walked towards me swiftly and held the bowl from my hand, and placed it on the counter. I stepped back, and my back hit the counter. He picked me up and placed me on the kitchen counter.

"I didn't realize you were already here.. I was busy cooking."
I said shyly.

"I thought we were going to cook together."
His hand gently touched my knees, spreading my legs apart, and he moved in between my legs. His hand still lingered on my thigh, caressing my skin with his gentle touch sending sparks that pooled in between my legs.

"I wanted to surprise you. I prepared steak, and as for dessert..it's being prepared."
I glanced over at the bowl in which I was preparing cheesecake.

"And as for appetizer?"
He arch his brow at me.

"Um, I haven't prepared anything for the appetizer."
I bite my lower lip.

"I'll take it myself."
He grabbed my chin and tilted it upwards before crashing his lips on mine and pulling me in a demanding kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me. His hands slid on my back and pulled me closer, pressing my body on him. We both pulled apart slightly, our breaths colliding with each other.

"You look so beautiful in my clothes."
He said and tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. My cheeks tinted pink on his compliment.

"I didn't get my sleep wear, so I just wore your sweatshirt. I hope you don't mind."
I bite my lip again.

"I don't mind at all. What's mine is yours. And don't ever bite your lip again. Only I have the right to bite them and kiss them."

His thumb caresses over my bottom lip gently, looking at me like a predator eyeing his prey before hunting it down. He leaned in, planting a soft lingering kiss on my lips, and pulled away.

"I'll take a shower till the food is being prepared."
He said and walked away. Leaving me blindfolded by his words.

How can anyone change from hot and dominating to sweet and gentle in less than a millisecond!
No one can except Aaron Connor.

I let out a deep breath and get off of the counter, and continue making the cheesecake.

I set the table, and in a few minutes, Aaron joined me in his sweatshirt and sweatpants.

How can he look so handsome even in sweats!
Britsh men sure have this aura to charm people effortlessly.

I shake my head and focus on the dinner. He poured wine for us and cut the steak for me.

"You didn't have to. I could've done it myself."
I said softly when he placed the cut steak in front of me.

"Just a simple thankyou will be good enough, sunshine."
He said while cutting a slice and filling his mouth with it.

"Thank you. So, how's the steak?"
I asked while looking at him with hopeful eyes.

"You are not a bad cook after all."
He smirked, quoting my words from the night when he cooked for me.

Seriously, this man!

I scoffed and continued eating my food in silence.

"Wait till you taste the dessert, I'm sure you won't be able to resist yourself from eating it."
I said proudly.

"It's really hard to resist myself."
He looked at me and spoke in his devilishly deep yet low voice, making me swoon over him.

What are we talking about?
Cheesecake, right?

My face glowed red, feeling his stare piercing through my skin and directly into my soul.

No one spoke after that, and we continued eating our food in silence. After dinner, I served cheesecake on the plate for us.

I walked over to the living room where Aaron was sitting on the couch and talking to someone on the call. I placed the plates on the coffee table and sat beside him. I picked up my phone and replied to Grace's text in our group chat. He ended his call in less than a minute and looked over at me.

"Who is it?"
He asked.

"It's Grace. Tomorrow is her first exhibition of the collection she's been working on. She just sent a reminder text to me and Luna."
I explained.

"At what time?"

"It's from 12:00 to 5:00"

"Okay, we'll go then."

"You'll come with me? I never thought you'll be interested in art!"
I blinked, looking at him.

"I'm interested in everything that interests you. And I'd like to meet your friends."

"My friends? they are - "

"They are your friends. I'm sure they are great."

My friends. Luna and Grace. Well, Grace is courteous because she comes from a wealthy family. But Luna she surely talks more than enough. She met Aaron once, and that too accidentally, and it was such an embarrassing moment. Even Aaron was embarrassed to greet her properly because of me, stupidly cuddling him.

"Of course there are."
I gave a slight smile and took spooful of cake and ate it, savoring its sweet creamy flavor.

"How is it?"
I asked him as he ate some of the cake from his plate.

"Mouth watering."
He said while giving a lick over his lips.

"I uh told you, you won't be able to resist."
I laughed nervously and ate another spoonful of it.

He is definitely NOT talking about the cake.

"You have such a small mouth."
He said, wiping the cream from the corner of my mouth with his thumb sending sparks all over my body by his soft and tender touch.

Oh dear God! How will I spend the rest of the night with this man in the same room without melting and getting tempted by him.