Chapter 6

Isabella's POV

It was The Met Gala's tonight. I never thought I'll be attending The Met Gala. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I really love my job. Nate and I came to New York yesterday by his private jet. He goes everywhere in his private jet. He's a busy man. There are a few models that are wearing Armani tonight, and I am accompanying Nate dressed in a beautiful white satin slip gown boasting a plunging neckline, perfectly complimenting my c cup breasts, a thigh-high slit, and a long train on back. The standout feature of the gown was the intricate floral embroidery that adorned it. The colorful and detailed embroidery added an element of whimsy and elegance to the overall look. It featured a mix of bright red, green, and yellow flowers, which were accentuated by delicate beading and sequins, creating a stunning effect.

My hair is styled in a sleek and straight manner, allowing the intricate details of the dress to take center stage. My makeup was kept minimal, featuring a nude lip and subtle eye makeup. Accessorised with statement diamond earrings, which added a touch of glamour to the overall ensemble. Everything I wore tonight was rented by Armani's. I couldn't afford a stunning look overall. Though I bought the shimmery heels, which perfectly matched with my outfit, giving me an elegant look.

The limousine stopped, and the doors opened, revealing the red carpet, past dozens of gathered reporters, and TV cameras. I put on a subtle smile and encircle my arm around Nate's. We both walked on the red carpet and entered the beautiful Metropolitan Museum where The Met Gala was being hosted. Everyone was dressed up so beautifully, I looked nothing compared to the other models. We both walked over to our designated table, and there were 15 seats on each table. We both sat on our seats comfortably, and Nate got busy talking to the Chanel designer beside him.

My eyes wandered across the room, admiring the models dressed beautifully and the exquisite interior in awe when someone sat beside me and cleared his throat. I shifted my gaze on the handsome man sitting beside me, and my eyes widened. How can someone look so handsome and hot and sexy at the same time. It should be illegal. He adjusted his glasses and looked at me from head to toe and back to my eyes.

Am I dreaming?! There's no way he has to be here. How can Aaron be here! And how is he sitting next to me. Oh dear lord, please have some mercy on my poor heart.

My mind wondered with multiple questions, and I mentally facepalmed myself for staring at him too long. I mean, I can't help it. He looked so hot in his royal blue velvet tuxedo and black shirt fitting his biceps and broad shoulders, and neatly well groomed hair and perfectly trimmed beard tracing his sharp jawline. I tried not to drool over him and embarrass myself more.

"Ms Young, you look ravishing."

Aaron spoke, making me blink twice before replying.

"Thank you, Mr Connor. You look handsome yourself.
I didn't expect to see you here, though."

I spoke. He let out a hearty laugh, making me adore him even more. He looked even more handsome while laughing. I never thought a man could look so sweet while laughing.

"It's not my first time attending this ball. It's quite boring for a businessman like me. I just come here for business, to gain more clients."

He explained further, and I nodded as my lips formed in a circle.

"Oh, I see. And sitting beside me is not a coincidence at all, isn't it?"

I raised my brow, teasing him. He smirked.

"Are you in a delusion that I am following you, Ms Young? Please don't be, I'm not one of your creepy stalker. I'm invited here to be one of the top businessmen of America."