Chapter 9

Isabella's POV

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around confused. What am I doing in my room? Wasn't I just at work!

I rub my eyes and take the almost dried towel off my forehead and place it beside the bowl on the table. My gaze wondered and landed on the man sitting on my chair and sleeping peacefully. While staring at him, the memories flashed in my mind. I have not been feeling well since morning, but crying made my fever worse. And I drifted off to sleep in Aaron's arms in front of my office. I took my hand out of the blanket and saw the band-aid wrapped around my finger. I move my gaze to him. His hair was set perfectly, and his eyes were closed. The specks slipped a little down to the bridge of his nose, making him look hot. His chest rose as he breathed calmly. A few top buttons of his shirt were opened, and sleeves were rolled up, giving full display of his strong veiny arms. He carried me home and even took care of me. I could feel my heart beat fast. I pressed my hand on my chest.

Why do I feel like this?
I feel safe around him.
And when we kissed, our hearts were beating in a sync.

I didn't realize how long I've been staring at him. I came back to my senses on hearing his deep voice.

"Fantasizing about me, sunshine?"

The side of his lips curved up, and he opened his eyes, staring at me deeply. My face glowed red because of embarrassment, and I tried to find the right words to say, but they refused to come out of my mouth.

"I uh, I thought you were asleep.. you just looked so peaceful while sleeping."

I blurted out, and in response, his smirk only got wider. And he got up from the chair and moved closer to me. He bends forward and extends his hand, and gently places the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Your fever is gone."

He said and looked at his watch to check the time.

"It's almost 7, you should eat something and take medicine just in case the fever reoccurs."

I pressed my lips together and gave a slight nod as I sat up and stood on my feet facing the 6 feet tall man. I barely reached till his chest.

"I'll make something for us."

"No, sunshine. You take rest, I'll cook. Moreover, you've hurt your finger. I wonder if it's even fully functioning."

He said teasingly.

I huffed and held my hand up in the air as I moved my index finger, making invisible figures.

"It's perfectly fine."

"You are not cooking. But if you want, I can let you watch while I cook."

He pushed his glasses back and gave a flirtatious smirk before walking out of my room.

Jesus Christ. This man is going to be the death of me.

"Trust me, I don't."

I glared at him and closed the door behind him to change into something comfortable. After changing, I went out, and a delicious aroma filled our small living room and kitchen. I walked over to Aaron, who was busy cooking and looking effortlessly handsome.
He had the apron tied around his torso. I went over to the kitchen counter and leaned forward, looking at the food. But mostly him. I facepalmed myself for staring at him again.

"What are you cooking?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs."
He said while putting the pan full of spaghetti and water on stove, and I moved across him, tasting the sauce that he had prepared.