Chapter 8

Aaron's POV

I looked into Isabella's eyes, full of tears and pain. I clenched my jaw as her usual cheerful and sweet voice came out flat, and I instantly let her go, and she ran past me, holding her sobs. I clenched my fists together.

Who dare to hurt my sunshine? I'll make that person suffer with my own hands.

I walked towards her desk only to find it perfectly clean until my gaze went on the floor, and I saw a few drops of blood on it and a bouquet of crimson roses in the trash. Roses are like the last flowers she would ever like. Who might have sent her these! I looked over at Nate's cabin, and it was empty. He must've probably gone on lunch since lunch break was going on. I couldn't help but worry about Isabella. She was injured and had to get the cut treated before it got infected. But she even needed some time to calm down. I huffed in frustration and sat on the couch in front of her desk, waiting for her.

I tapped my foot, waiting for her impatiently. It's been ten minutes since she was gone.

What if she fainted because of blood loss?
What happened to her?
I need to find her, that's it.
I can't wait here and sit helpless.

And random thoughts crowded my mind. I got up, ready to find her when I heard the sound of her heels clicking. I calmed a bit seeing her, but she probably didn't notice me yet as if she was in a daze. I walked over to her and gently held her hand when I saw a fresh cut on her index finger. She flinched by my touch and looked at me with dull eyes, and the tip of her nose glowed red because of crying. Tears filled her eyes again when her eyes met mine, but she took a deep breath, not letting them drop from her eyes.

"Let go."

Her voice was barely audible. My grip firm around her wrist, and she burned under my touch.

"You are burning up. You have a fever."

She ignored me and tried to get her hand out of my grip. I took the first aid box from under her table and made her sit on the couch. She was silent. We both didn't say anything to each other. I silently cleaned her wound and wrapped a band-aid around her finger. I could feel her eyes drooping. I moved closer to her and wrapped my arm around her, pulling her close to me. She rested her head on my chest and snuggled close. I heard footsteps stop behind me and turn myself a bit without waking Isabella.

"Aaron?"

I look at Nate, who was both confused and shocked.

"She has a high fever. I'll take her home."

"Wait- you know where she lives? How?"

"I'll explain later, Nate. And I guess you don't want to wake her?"

I glared at him, and he looked at me offended. Without any other word, I picked up Isabella in my arms and carried her towards my car. Karl, who was already outside, came rushing towards me and opened the car door for us. I sat at the back with Isabella sitting beside me and her head resting on my shoulder.

"Someone sent her red roses. Find out who sent those immediately and update me then."

"Yes, Boss."

Karl nodded as he drove us to Isabella's house. The car stopped, and I picked her up in my arms and carried her inside, opening the lock with the keys in her bag.
I walked into the small apartment and entered her room. I lay her on her bed beside what seemed like an old bunny plushie. I pulled the sheets over her and covered her properly.

She was still hot, I had to lower her temperature. I took off my blazer and put it on her chair. I went to the kitchen and took out a bowl. I rolled up the sleeves of my shirt and filled the bowl with cold water, and put some ice cubes in it. I searched for small towels in the kitchen drawers. After finding them, I took them to her room. I placed the bowl on her bedside table and dipped the towel in it. After squeezing the water out of them, I placed it on her forehead. She flinched, feeling sudden coldness against her warm skin. But continued to sleep peacefully.  I put the wet towels multiple times on her forehead, and after a few minutes, her fever subsided.

I sighed in relief and looked around, observing her room. It was so neat and tidy, not even a speck of dust was there. Everything was arranged and well organized in a neat manner. There were a few sketches of models pasted on the beige wall just above her desk. Two photo frames were placed on her desk. In one of them, there was a little girl in her cute little floral dress with her parents enjoying picnic in a park. She looked just like her mother.
The other one was a graduation photo of three girls smiling brightly while hugging each other.

I small smile formed on my face on looking at the photos. Both childhood and adult Isabella were beautiful and breathtaking.

I moved my gaze on the brunette and gently soothed her hair.

Who hurt you? And why did you push me away today?

I checked my phone as it vibrated and saw Karl's text.

"It was from an anonymous sender. I'll search for information."

I clenched my jaw and put my phone in my pocket.

Whoever it is, he is the only one who made her cry. And he probably has a death wish. After I know the name of the sender, he is surely dead.

I sat on the chair and looked at Isabella, calming myself. I close my eyes and relaxed myself.
She's safe with me.