Chapter 12

Isabella's POV

It was the day. The day of Armani Fashion Show.
Theme was Fil d'Or (Golden Thread). Everything is set. Just a few minutes until the show begins. Everyone is seated. I'm so overworked. I haven't slept for two nights. Because of work and Liam. The flowers that Liam sent me last week came with an envelope. And in that envelope, there were photos of me and Aaron. We have gone out thrice since we started dating. Three photos. One of each date was in the envelope. And the note that he sent said.

I told you not to go near any other men. Be ready to face the consequences of your mistake.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone called out my name, and footsteps stopped right beside me.

"Ms. Young!"

I look up at Judy, who is managing everything backstage.

"We have a problem."

"What happened?"

"One of our models is not here yet. She's stuck in traffic."

"What! It's starting in a few minutes. "

I got up from my seat and followed her backstage.
57 models were to catwalk. But one of them couldn't make it. And she was in the 35th position.

"Don't we have any other model to go on stage?"

"I'm afraid we don't have any other model. And we can not even let the same model walk twice because the makeup and jewelry are distinctively different with every piece."

"This fashion show will turn into disaster. This can't be happening. Thousands of people have put effort into this. All of it can't go in vain. There has to be a solution."

"There is one solution... you are our only hope."
She hesitated.

"Me?"
I looked at her, confused.

"If you can wear the dress and go on stage. In case you don't know how to do catwalk."

"What- I.."
I sighed and nodded.

"I do know the walk. Dress me up."

Judy clasped her hands together and called over the dressing team. They dressed me up in a beautiful floral violet dress and royal blue pants. With black flats and a matching violet clutch and earrings.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

I've done this many times in college confidently. But I've never walked on stage with thousands of reporters, flashing cameras, and wearing a famous brand. You can do it. It all depends on you now.

I took a deep breath and waited for my turn. Judy gave me a thumbs up, and I walked out on the stage with all the confidence and courage. Lights were focused on the ramp, and music was playing. Shuttering of numerous cameras and applause was heard. I returned back to the backstage and released my breath.

It was more difficult than I imagined. But thankfully, it was a success. After the fashion show there was after party and I wore my dress again. I was talking with one of the models when Aaron approached me.

"Hey!"

I excused myself and smiled at him.

"Hi."

"Saved the show."

"I had to. I would've done anything in my control."