On my own

Taliece (17)
Thursday March 3rd

Taliece (17)Thursday March 3rd

A week later.

I haven't talked to Mookie in a week. I haven't asked him for a ride, to pick me up, to get me food or to get my phone back. I just bought a new one. Everyone has my new number but him and I'm ok with that.

"Taliece, hello I know you hear me" Jay said snapping his fingers in my face.

"My fault I was daydreaming"

"Anyways, we still going to the party Saturday night?" He asked.

"Uh yea" I answered.

"Good, I'm tired of being in the house" Niesha said as I closed my locker and headed out the school building with them.

"Hopefully everything goes good with my parents and they get me my car. They be beefing like a mf because my step mom does more for me then my mother do" Jay expressed.

"I hope you get your car" I said giving Jay a smile.

"Oop your brother here Taliece" Niesha said making me look up from my phone.

Mookies car was parked in the pick up line behind a couple other cars. He's not here me I know he not he's here for Wyllo.

"He's here for Wyllo not me. I'm catching the bus as usual" I said walking towards the buses.

"Aye get in the car Taliece" I heard a voice say but it wasn't Mookie.

I turned around and saw that it was Taz driving his car. So I walked over just to make sure Mookie wasn't there to trap me.

"Why are you driving my brothers car?" I asked.

"Why you asking questions?" He asked back.

"Where's Mookie?" I asked again.

"Again why are you asking questions? Get in the car" Taz demanded then got in the driver seat.

"No I'm ok" I declined as I started to walk away.

"Don't make me put on a show" Taz yelled out of the window.

"You aggy" i huffed and got in the car.

The ride was quiet with music blasting in the radio. I turned the music down enough so that I could be heard when I speak. We sat in a awkward silence until I spoke starting a conversation.

"So why are you driving my brothers car?" I asked.

"Because he handling something and he said I could drive it that's why" he sassed.

"Mhm"

"Why you ain't give your brother your new number?" Taz asked with a smirk. He was trying to be funny. He knows why Mookie doesn't have my number.

"Because I paid for my phone and I can give my number to whoever I want."

"Well why you ain't respond to his message?" He smirked.