Deadbeat appearance

Mookie (20)
Sunday March 6th

Me and Meya was having a little date today

Me and Meya was having a little date today. I took her to get her nails and feet done. I got my shit done to, might aswell have since I was gonna be waiting an hour. After that we got lunch at cheddars and sat and talked. Talking to Meya is like talking to a grown ass adult.

"So Meya" I smiled leaning on the table looking at her pretty face as she sat across from me.

"Mookie" she smiled still coloring on her coloring page.

"What do you want to do after this?"

"What are my options?" She asked sitting her crayon down now making eye contact with me.

"We can go to the movies, the mall, or we can go to the aquarium" I suggested

"Hmmm if I pick the mall does that mean we're going shopping?" She asked thinking.

"Yes that would mean we're going shopping"

"Hmm those are great options and I do like to see the dolphins." Meya thought as she tapped her finger on her chin. "I want to go shopping. I could use another pair of shoes in my collection"

"The mall it is then" I laughed. Meya was intelligent and even though I didn't want to raise anymore siblings I loved watching her grow up starting from when she was born. "You know I love you and anything I do is for you and me looking out for you right?"

"Yes I love you too" she scoffed.

"You better"

We finished up our food then I paid the bill and left. I buckled Meya in her booster seat, closing the passenger door then getting in the car and starting it up. My gas tank was almost on E I had a little under a quarter of a tank so I went to the nearest gas station. As I pulled up I parked at an open pump.

"When we get in here don't ask for nothing. We're just getting gas" I said laying down the rule but I never follow through.

"You say that every-time" Meya huffed.

"And you ask for something every time"

"And you buy it every time" she clapped back

"You get to smart. Just like your sister" I joked but it was true. Her my mother and Taliece had the same attitude.

"But I'm better"

I laughed as I got out of the car to get Meya out. I grabbed her hand and walked across the parking lot to the store. I knew she was gonna ask for something when she looked over at the pictures of ice cream on the freezer.

"Mcht which one you want" I asked looking down at her.

"The SpongeBob one" she pointed

"I don't know why I always end up getting you something" I put her popsicle on the counter and paid for my gas aswell. "Lemme get $30 on pump 6" I said handing the man two $20 bills.