Chapter 8

Charlotte POV

After the mall, the boys brought my stuff up to my room and I put everything away. I didn't realize how much we got till now.

"Charlotte," Nicholas says as he knocks on my door.

"Yes?" 

"I want to let you know dinner's ready," he says as I walk out of my closet and open the door. We go down for dinner and sit in the same spots. The dinner tonight is plain simple spaghetti with no onions. We had a nice dinner with simple conversations. After dinner, I returned to my room and got a text on my phone. It's from Matthew he helps hook me up with all my fights.

Hi, I found a fight close to you. Do you want to go?- Matthew

Sure, send me the address and time.- Charlotte

The fight is in an hour and a half and the place is only 20 minutes away. I begin to get ready but I'm interrupted by a knock. Which brother is it? It's late. 

"Charlotte are you asleep?" Matteo asks.

"No come in," I say back.

"I just want to let you know I have to go back to school tomorrow," he says sadly.

"Oh," I say in a kind of sad tone. I really like Matteo and was hoping he was going to be here longer.

"I'll be back in a few weeks though," he says trying to make the situation happier. I didn't reply.

"Good night Charlotte I love you," he says walking towards the door.

"Charlie," I say. I don't know why it just came out. I mean this morning I was yelling at them for calling me that and now I'm okay with it. 

"Good night Charlie," he says.

"Good night," I say. I wait a bit after he leaves before I decide to go. 

I climb out of my window. I close my window but have a folded piece of paper under it so it won't lock. I walk to the left of my window where a tall oak tree stands. I have to make a small jump but make it. I climb down and walk to the fence. They have a bunch of security so I have to be careful. I go to a corner by a bush. I get out my knife and cut a small hole I can slip through. I begin the walk to the building. I stop at a McDonald's close by to put my contacts in. That is my disguise my dark brown eyes and mask. When people see that they know it is Tigris. That name definitely has nothing to do with the fact my first fight was by the Tigris River. 

I arrive and check-in. The person is shocked, to say the least. I mean I am the Tigris. Did I mention that the name is famous in the underworld, and I've never lost a fight? The person points me towards the room to get ready. I begin to wrap my hands. 

"Our next fight will be the winner of tonight's fight against Tigris," the announcer says. I hear the crowd begin to whisper which brings a smile to my face. 

"The winner is the Captain," The announcer says. Such a stereotypical name where'd he get it from Captain America or the alcohol? I laugh to myself. I watched him in his last fight to see his style. He seems to strike first. 

"You ready?" The same person as before asks me. I nod. I walk to the ring and scan the crowd. My eyes stop at a familiar face. Alessandro. Fuck. We're good as long as he doesn't recognize me.

"Fight," the announcer yells and catches my attention. Like I said before Captain or whatever it was attacks me first with a punch. I dodged it and he seemed surprised. He throws another punch which I again dodge. We begin to circle each other. He once again throws a punch this time I catch it and twist it behind his back. I hear him groan in pain which leads me to smile. He tries to use his force to get out of my hold. It fails and I use my force to wrap my legs around his neck and flip him to the floor. He manages to get a hit to my stomach.

"You son of a bitch," I say. I squeeze my legs tighter around his neck. I begin to punch him a few times and after a bit and a broken nose, he passes out.

"We have a winner," the announcer says holding my arm up in the air. I go back to the room and lift my shirt to look at where he hit me. It wasn't too bad, but it would definitely leave a bruise. The person from the check-in area came in with my money.

"Good job," they say.

"Thanks," I say. I look at the time and see it is 2 in the morning. I need to go back, but what about Alessandro? I look at the crowd and see he left. I begin the walk back home. I go and slip back in through the hole I made. I walk to the tree and begin to climb it. I open my window slowly so it wouldn't make any noise. I climb inside and close it again. I turn around only to be met with a sight I wasn't expecting. Of course, this didn't go smoothly when does it ever? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

❤️Lexi