Chapter 38

Charlotte's POV

The older three had to go to Italy today the day after Christmas. I didn't want to because my friends and I are celebrating Christmas together today. Luckily the twins and Bruno didn't want to go yet either so we got to stay three more days. Matteo went with the older ones. The private plane, I know rich, would be here in three days to pick us up and bring us to Italy. I'm relieved because none of my cousins would be there and the same with my grandparents. They all went on vacation elsewhere which I don't get because why would you ever want to leave Italy? I'm also not ready to meet the extended family yet and I don't know why.

"Did they really just leave us alone for two nights?" I ask.

"Yes," Luca says. 

"We have to do something," Sandro says. And that's how it started. 

Today was a relaxing day. I go to Hazel's house where I exchange gifts and celebrate Christmas with Hazel, Ava, and Fiona. I drive home and watch movies with my brothers and we all fall asleep watching them. We wake up and start getting ready for tonight.

Sandro went to get different drinks from the liquor store while Luca, Bruno, and I set up. We hid valuable, breakable things and created a place where people could dance. They have definitely done this before because they knew exactly what to do, what to hide, where to hide them, and everything. The three text their friends telling people the time and place. I text my friends and Elliot. around 11 people start to show up. I would say it is a success and that may be because I am very drunk right now. I hung out talking with my friends, but then Bruno took Ava and two guys took Hazel and Fiona to dance. It was okay because I ran into Elliot and we went outside.

"Merry Christmas," I slur.

"Merry Christmas," he also slurs. He's finally drunk he's never been drunk or at least that I've seen. We talk and drink some more before leaning in and kissing each other. His kisses are amazing. Outside you can slightly hear the music so we dance. More like shuffling around in a circle holding each other closely. We kiss again, but this time we're interrupted.

"Get away from her," Luca says. 

"Stop," I say.

"Who invited you?" Luca asks.

"I did."

"Not now Charlie," Luca says. "Why were you that close to my sister and kissing her."

"Because I wanted him to." Luca gives me a look.

"You know what don't worry I was just leaving," Elliot says. "Bye, Charlie."

"Bye," I give Luca a mean glare and head inside to get something more to drink. In the kitchen, I see one of the twin's friends and we have a long conversation. I didn't even realize the party starting to get smaller. I leave the kitchen and say bye to Hazel and Fiona, they leave which leaves Ava here with Bruno, but I think they are upstairs and I don't want to think about that. I walk into the living room and see my brothers with their friends and Logan. The only people besides Bruno and Ava. The only open spot is next to Shawn and Logan, who are on the couch, so I take it.

"When did you get here?" I ask Logan taking a sip from my drink.

"Around 11:30," he says. I finish my drink as we all talk slowly sobering up. I fall asleep leaning my head on Logan around 4. I guess someone brought me to my room because I woke up in my bed. I walk downstairs to Logan and my brother's friends in the living room. My brothers aren't there. I walk into the empty kitchen. They must be upstairs. I grab a trash bag and start to clean. I clean the kitchen, game room, movie theater, and bathrooms by the time I see Luca.