Chapter 14

Charlotte's POV

You might think that because I was so tired I finally got a good night's sleep. Well, you're mistaken I tossed and turned all night, and around 3 in the morning I gave up and I've been up since. Although it hasn't been that long it's only 3:50 right now.

I heard doors opening and closing and footsteps all night and into this morning. I think it's my brothers, but why are they coming and going so often? I did peek out around 12 and saw Nicholas leave he did see me. All he said was he was going out and would be back later. Who leaves at 12 to do stuff? No time has passed so I decide to leave my room.

I walk down to the kitchen and run into the younger three as I get off the stairs. They look like a mess. All their hair is sticking out everywhere they are also swaying which gives me a hint they have just gotten home. Although I could've sworn I heard their doors last night. I walk into the kitchen and sit on one of the island chairs. It's really boring in the mornings. 

I can't sit still or in the same place for that long so I leave and walk around the house. I go outside and walk around the garden. I had no idea this existed. As I'm walking I see a small lake. We have a lake that's so cool. I walk to the lake and begin walking around till I see a bench by cherry trees. They are my favorite. Mom would take me to Japan every year to see them bloom. 

This is my favorite part of mornings it's so peaceful. The only noise is the birds no one else just you and your thoughts. 

"Charlotte!" Someone yells. I guess I spoke too soon. Goodbye peace you will be missed.

"Thank God Charlotte," the voice speaks coming closer. "FOUND HER!" He yells again. "You had us worried sick," Vinny says. I turn to look at him confused.

"Why?" I ask.

"We have been searching everywhere for you."

"Okay," I casually speak.

"Come on let's go get breakfast," Vinny says leading me back to the house. We enter the kitchen where all my brothers stand. The three younger ones look even more dead than before. I look at the clock and realize I was outside for almost three hours. I sit back down on the seat I sat at earlier this morning.

"Where's Nicholas?" I ask. Usually, he would have breakfast cooked already. 

"He had a work emergency," Gio says. What does he do again? I'll find out later. Gio hands me some cereal and I happily eat it.

"Okay, everyone listen up, we are having company for dinner so be on your best behavior," Gio says staring at me and the three youngest, especially Alessandro and me. I feel called out. "Am I clear," he adds.

"Yes," we reply. A bit later Nicholas walks in.

"Morning," he says pouring himself coffee. He comes and kisses me on the head. His eyes then travel to the dead-looking boys. Am I the only one who can see they look dead? "How was your night?" He asks them.

"Good," Luca says.

"You all were home by your curfew right?" He sounds like he's interrogating them.

"Yep," Bruno replies popping the p.

"I assume you didn't go back out last night," Nicholas says.