Chapter 9

Alessandro POV

Don't get me wrong I'm so glad my little sister is back, but is it really the safest idea? I mean with the whole mafia thing. I don't want to lose her again.  I will say I may have been acting a bit rude, but when she left it broke me and I was only four and didn't know what was happening besides my sister leaving. 

When she did come back she shocked me. I mean her attitude and arrests. She is definitely not the sweet little principessa that left. 

She can really push my buttons, but I guess I push her's too. She definitely has the same anger issues as me which isn't a good thing. I just hope they don't get as bad as I got before I had to start taking my meds. That was hard on everyone and Gio doesn't need that right now. Maybe I'll talk to him about getting her to take some meds or talk to someone. I doubt she'll do it though. She may be the most stubborn person I've met.

My mind is racing with thoughts about Charlie as I drive to an underground fight. I decided not to fight tonight and just watch. The guys fighting are average the best guy tonight is some man named the Captain. The fights are kind of boring I should've fought I could've won easily. 

"Our next fight will be the winner of tonight's fights against Tigris," the announcer says. Tigris is undefeated yet no one knows who she is. Although last I checked she was in Europe I wanna say France so what is she doing here?

Tigris kicked his ass, to say the least. The weird thing is that there is something so familiar about Tigris, but I couldn't tell what. She kind of reminds me of Charlotte. I leave right after the fight ends and go back home. Gio is in his office on the third floor I think, but that means no one is there to question where I was. As I am about to enter my room, I have a strong gut feeling to go into Charlotte's. I knock on the door and wait for a reply.

"Hello?" I question after no reply. I wait a bit longer before entering. I close the door behind me. I turn towards the bed and see it empty. Both the bathroom and the closet her also empty. I begin to panic, but as I am leaving the closet I see a small figure climbing through the window. Did she really sneak out after not even a week here?

"Hi," she says sheepishly.

"What the hell Charlotte? It's almost 3 a.m. and you're just getting home." I say slightly mad, but more worried.

"Um yeah," she replies walking to her closet.

"Where have you been?" I ask blocking the closet.

"Nowhere," she says looking down.

"Look at me and stop lying," I say.

"No," she replies. I'm slowly getting angrier and I can tell she is too. I gently grab her chin and lift her head so our eyes meet. Her eyes aren't her usual blue-green eyes, but honey-brown. The color of Tigris the fighter. I think I'm paranoid. 

"Answer me," I say in a stern voice.

"Like I said nowhere," she says again.

"We'll obviously you were somewhere," I reply in an annoyed voice. I try to scan her body for any clues about where she might be. As I do so her shirt lifts ever so slightly to reveal a bruise that looks new. Tigris got hit there tonight.

"I wasn't anywhere," she says turning her head away from my grip and trying to walk away. Well trying. I can't believe my sister is Tigris.

"You're Tigris aren't you," I say in a whisper which she hears.

"No," she says obviously lying.

"Stop lying," I say angry again.

"How'd you know?" she asks.