Chapter 33

Luca's POV

One thing no one ever tells you is how much work it is to keep your brothers from killing each other and that's because brothers shouldn't want to kill each other. I know deep down that they don't want to either. We've all gotten into fights with each other, but they've never been this bad. Bruno isn't one to hold grudges he's one of the most forgiving and more of a people pleaser. Usually helping anyone that Sandro goes too far with. I'm getting a bit worried. We all don't need this. Gio is stressed although he'll never admit it and the other two are busy helping him. Matteo needs to focus on school and not us and Charlie needs to accept us completely and stay safe. 

"We're leaving," I yell through the house grabbing my keys. Tonight is the annual senior bonfire where almost the whole class goes and celebrates. The only seniors who don't go are lame ones even the kids who don't normally party go. It's a big deal. The only juniors who go are the 'popular ones' so that means Bruno his friends and a few girls from the cheer team. San and I went last year too. I get in the car and we start the drive. It's a bit long but it's worth it. Every year it's at the beach of a lake with the mountains in the background. It combines almost every place people want to live in one place. Beach, lake, and mountains. I park and open the trunk handing Bruno the handles of different drinks and some blankets before we make our way down the hill. The party has already started, but we never arrive early to parties. I go make my way to the drinks getting a cup and some beer. I leave my brothers to talk to some girls. I know Bruno won't be flirty with any girls because he likes Ava, but is too scared to do anything. Sandro on the other hand will make a bunch of girls feel like they are the one tonight. It's a bad habit for both of us, but we're kids trying to enjoy our youth so fuck off.

I sit on a log close to the fire with my arm around a girl laughing at what she says. I may or may not have had a few drinks, but the main reason Bruno is here is to drive home tonight. He's allowed one drink, but it's our turn to have fun and it sucks to be younger, but oh well. I sit around the beach with a few more girls. While having a conversation with one we stop because of yelling around the fire. I look over and of course, it's the two at it again.

"Sorry," I say getting up and making my way to the two. "Stop," I yell knowing it would do nothing.

"You just gonna tell her everything," Sandro says. "Tell everyone while you're at it."

"If they knew she might be a bit safer," Bruno yells back.

"Safe like she was 14 years ago," San says pushing Bruno.

"Safer since I'm here," B pushes back. "Plus it's not like I'm too occupied with girls. Should I mention a few, Jennie, Olivia, Erin, Jess-" Sandro interrupts.

"Shut up. I get it, but at least I can always protect myself. I don't cry to Mom oh right she left because of us because of you do you remember now?"

"Guys stop now before you say another thing you'll regret," I say getting between them only for Sandro to push me out of the way.

"How can a baby like you protect her you're the reason-" Bruno punches Sandro which shuts him up. Sandro falls and hits his head on a log.

"Okay, that's it Bruno car now! Here," I say putting my hand out for Sandro. "Party on," I say to everyone as we leave. At least I got to enjoy some of the bonfire. Bruno is waiting outside the car. I hand him the keys helping San get into the back seat before I get in the front. The car ride home is quiet. We get to the garage and go inside. We survived another night, barely.