Chapter 21

Charlotte's POV

I look down to see Luca on the floor. Shit.

"I'm so sorry, but you scared me and..." I trail off. I hear soft laughter next to me and I turn to see Alessandro. I turn my attention back to my brother on the floor and help him up.

"I didn't mean to. That fucking hurt where'd you learn that?" Luca questions me while grabbing a pack of frozen peas and holding them to his tailbone. Gross. remind me not to eat those.

"Yeah, how did you know how to do that? It's almost like you know how to fight," Alessandro ever so kindly joins the conversation. I put my hands behind my back before talking.

"I took karate when I lived in Asia," I say. Alessandro gives me a look which I ignore and Luca seems to believe me. 

"How long have you been up?" Luca asks. I look at the clock and see it's 9 in the morning now.

"Not that long," I lie.

"Three hours?" Alessandro asks.

"No, like I said not that long," I say again.

"You've been sitting here since 5 this morning!" Alessandro says shocked. I flinch. The flashback has me on edge.

"Wha- n- How did you know?" I ask.

"I didn't," he replies. I stick my tongue out and start to stand. I get pushed back down into my seat. Luca puts a glass of water and my pills in front of me. It was like he knew I was getting mad and needed to calm down.

"I have to have food first," I say. I hate swallowing pills. It's weird because I have taken so many and have become quite good at it. I can dry-swallow them, but I still hate taking them.

"You ate already," he says grabbing a bunch of stuff. 

"How?" I ask. I know he understands I'm asking how he knows. 

"Your dish wasn't there last night," he says. How are they this observant? Five minutes later I finally swallowed the pills. Alessandro makes some eggs while Luca makes a weird smoothie that has a bunch of random stuff in it and is green so it has to be gross. 

"What are you making," I ask Luca as he turns around. 

"A smoothie. Drink up," he says placing it next to me.

"No way," I say with a disgusted face. I hear a camera go off and look up at Alessandro with his phone out.

"Your face was priceless," he defends himself.

"Relax Sorellina, it's for your dumb ass brother who is gonna have an awful hangover. Let's just hope Gio and Nic don't find out," he says.

"Oh about that, they left a note," I say handing it to the twins. They read it and look relieved. A bit later, just like Luca said a bad-looking Bruno walks into the kitchen.

"Morning," I say.

"Stop fucking yelling," he says back. 

"I'm not," I say.

"You are," he says. I like drunk Bruno better.