Chapter 1

August 26th, 2010

August 26th, 2010. Chicago, Illinois.  

           My name is Claire Anderson. Here is my story. Today started out as a regular day. I stopped by the usual small Coffee shop. I got my usual black coffee which helped keep me up due to the lack of sleep I got every night. 

            Anyway I walked out of the coffee shop and onto the busy streets of Chicago. I held my cup of coffee in my hand as I almost tripped a few times on my heels. I sighed as I continued walking to the office building where I worked as a secretary. 

              After I had graduated college I moved away from my parents in Springfield and moved to Chicago. I had studied finance and wanted to get a job in that field. But nobody would hire me and I needed money. I had to get a job working as a secretary in an Office building. 

                  I clocked in and got to my work area and I sat in my chair. I put my coffee down and turned on the computer.

            I looked up at the clock on the wall. It said 7:54 am. I groaned as I started typing on the computer. I looked over and saw my coworker Bradley joking around with my other coworker Anais. 

             From what I heard they were talking about that case where some guy in Los Angeles California turned aggressive and apparently ripped his pet cat apart and devoured it. Then when the police tried to restrain him. He apparently tried biting them and he managed to bite one cop on his neck and the cop was now in Critical Condition. The guy was probably just high on drugs or something. 

             “ Claire pour me a cup of Coffee and cancel all my meetings for this morning.” My boss John said as he walked in from the Elevator. 

               “ Of course Sir right away.” I got up and headed towards the employee break room and I put on a pot of Coffee for him. It was the same damn thing every day. I get him his coffee, answer his stupid calls, cancel his meetings, and Repeat. Every damn day.

          I hated this job so much. At least the money was good.  

    Around a few minutes later the Coffee maker beeps and his coffee was ready. I took the pot and poured it into a red mug and I walked out of the room and towards my boss's office. 

           I knocked on the door slowly. “ Come in!” He shouted from inside. 

          I opened the door. “ Coffee is ready sir.” I handed him his coffee and he took a small sip and put it on his desk and went back to going over the files on his desk.  

            I rolled my eyes and walked out and went back to my computer.  

        I was typing away at my computer when Bradley walked up and tapped my shoulder. “ How are you hanging sunshine?” He had a cocky smile plastered on his stupid face.