Chapter 26

(George Pov) 
        We just stood there staring at each other for a very long time. My fists clenched and anger filled my head. These two assholes left me behind 9 months ago. Now I was seeing them again.

          “ Mason, do you know these men?” Anna asked.

              I came out of my thoughts and quickly replied  “ Yeah...yeah I do. Their names are Frank and Danny. We were at the same Camp and we knew each other there.”

 Frank and Danny exchanged confused looks after she called me Mason. They gave me a look. I glared at them and just looked towards Anna,

                    Danny rubbed the back of his head and decided to speak. “ Uh yeah I haven’t seen Mason in a very long time after the Camp we were at was destroyed.”

                “ Oh that’s sad to hear. But hey now you 3 are reunited.” Anna said with a smile. 

           Frank shot me a look and fake chuckled. “ Yeah… it’s so good to see him again.”

   “ Mason won’t tell us anything about his past but maybe you can so we can get to know him better.” Elle added. 

                Frank and Danny laughed alongside each other. “ Of course he didn't.”

               I shot them another glare. “ I think the past is better left in the past.” 

                           Frank raised his eyebrow and slightly nodded. “ Yeah it is.”

  “ Well um…Okay how about we get you all inside we don’t want the dead to get us.” Danny suggested.

                       “ That’s the best idea you had in a while.” I replied. He just didn’t even bother making eye contact with me.

            Soon all of the 4 of us started following Frank and Danny. These 2 idiots were gonna ruin everything weren’t they? I slowly moved my hand and held Shelly’s hand. She looked scared and her hand was cold and felt very small.

         “ Okay Shelly, come on, we need to go inside so the monsters don’t get us.” I said gently.

           “ Mason, I'm scared of the monsters… Will you protect me Mason?” She asked in an innocent voice.

         I kneeled down to her and held my hand on her cheek. “ I won’t let anything happen to you sweetheart I will promise you that.” 

                   Her face softened into a smile. “ Good.” She hugged me and I embraced her.

               I pulled away from the hug about a few seconds later. I led her into the complex following Frank and Danny. There was a large chain link gate. There was a woman with red hair tied tightly back into a bun. She had dark round brown eyes and was not very tall. Maybe around 5 foot 5. But she looked pretty freaking tough.              

                 “ Borsha. Open the gate. We found some new people.” Frank commanded. 

        “ Alright Frank.” The woman named Borsha said as she pulled the gate open with all her strength. 

                   Danny stabbed a Rotter that stumbled close by us with his hunting knife and the both of them led us inside. I was still holding Shelly’s hand. Regina noticed shot me a glare. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

                   Borsha closed the gate and we were now standing in front of a 2 story white siding house with a door with peeling brown paint. It looked pretty shitty. I looked around and saw at least over a dozen more people there. The chain link fence that wrapped around the property was rusty and looked old. If a horde came through here, everything would be destroyed and everyone here would be eaten alive.