Chapter 44

(Anais Pov) 

                “ They should have been back by now.” Janet told as she paced around the living room. 

                     I sat in between Kolson and Jesse. “ Maybe… maybe they just ran into some minor problems. Maybe the van broke down.” I replied, trying to think of anything. They should have been back hours ago. But still no sign of them. I was also starting to worry quite a bit as well. I looked over at Kolson. He looked a bit anxious and kinda worried.

                      “ The van broke down? No that’s not possible. I repaired that stupid thing with Doug. Doug knows how to fix cars really freaking well and that van didn’t break down. So it has to be something else.” Janet answered, she still looked very anxious.  

                   “ Janet. You are overthinking this.” Jesse told her and he got up and approached her. 

                   She ignored him and continued talking. “ I’m not overthinking this! My 2 best friends and my sister are out there. We have no idea where they are and we don’t know if those Shadows got them or not.”  

                          “ Janet-” Jesse put his hand on her shoulder. 

              She rustled her shoulder away from him. At that moment James entered through the front door with Elijah and Gemma. I glared at James. He saw my glare and he quickly looked away. Janet stared at them. “ What are you guys doing here?”

                   “ We’re worried about the others.” Gemma replied as she stood by James.  

         She glanced over at James. “ You're worried? You're worried about the others, including Claire? The girl who broke up with you? For whatever reason I still don’t know.” She stared at him down with a suspicious look. 

                     “ Let’s not talk about that right now.” He replied to her and sighed. 

        I got up and stared at him as well. “ You know. I think Janet should know why Claire broke up with you James. She is her older sister of course.”

                          “ Anais… No.” He stated firmly. “ Don’t say anything. I know Claire snitched to you about it. But you cannot say anything because it’s not your business.”

                     I rolled my eyes and turned to Janet and spoke calmly. “ The reason she broke up with James was because he raped her.”  

                       Silence filled the room as soon as I said that. I saw Janet’s face drop. Soon her face turned to hatred and anger as she pushed past me and looked at James. “ You dirty fucker. You raped my sister? WHY?” She yelled at him. 

                  “ I… I didn’t rape her. That’s just what she claims. It isn’t rape.” He stated, trying to defend himself. 
                       I crossed my arms and stood by Janet and then replied. “ It was rape James. And now she is pregnant because of it.” 

                         His eyes widened as well As Gemma and Elijah’s. He quickly muttered. 
“ She’s… pregnant?”

                        Janet looked back at me and then at James. She looked like she was gonna kill someone now. She put her hands on James and slammed him against the wall. “ So you raped my sister and got her pregnant?”