Chapter 37

After what Kade had said I turned back and looked at the massive metal gate. I quickly pulled on my door handle and the door flew open and I got out and slammed it shut. I walked closer to the gate, scanning it with my eyes. He was telling the truth. It really existed.

I could hear the sound of laughter from the inside of the walls. The laughter of children playing, I could hear talking. This place was real. It was legit. I soon stopped when I heard someone yell at me. I looked up and saw an older looking man wearing a brown t-shirt, his head was shaved and his face was clean shaven. " Who the hell are you?"

He was standing on a guard tower near the gate and was aiming an old rifle at my head. I slowly put my hands up. " Claire Anderson. These are my people and we found Kade and he brought us here."

The man kept his grip on the rifle and even neared his finger closer to the trigger. " I don't believe you for one fucking second! Now get the hell out of here or I'll blast your head off!"

" Lou, wait!" Kade yelled as he got out of the car and shielded me with his body.

" Kade? What the hell is this shit? Why'd you bring these people here?" He asked, still clutching the rifle.

Kade sighed and he yelled up at him. " I found them when I was out, Lou. They are good people. Now lower the goddamn rifle and open the gate."

He yelled back. " I don't take orders from you Kade. I'm not opening the gate."

" Lou just open the damn gate!" Kade shouted at him again..

I just stood with Greta and the others not intervening in the situation. This Lou guy was most likely gonna be a problem down the road. " You get these people out of here and I will."

" Not happening Lou. Now open the gate." Kade demanded again.

He was about to yell again when I heard a voice yell from the inside of the walls. " Lou, open the gate now!"

" But..." He protested to whoever the voice was.

" No arguing, open the damn gate." The voice demanded.

Lou sighed and he glared at me and Kade. He soon climbed down from the guard tower and the gate opened up in front of us. He stood to the side while a middle aged woman with graying brown hair and around 5 foot 7 stood near him.

" Sorry about him Kade. He is just acting like his usual self today." The woman said.

Kade laughed slightly and I stood by him awkwardly. Who was this lady? " Yeah he always does. Anyway Senna, this is Claire Anderson and her people."

She looked me up and down and she slightly smiled and extended her hand out for me to shake. " Hi Claire. I'm Senna Bullara."

I slowly took her hand and shook it. I smiled at her. " It's nice to meet you Senna."

She continued smiling. " Same to you."

I looked over at Lou. He shot me a nasty glare. I looked at Senna. " So... What's his problem?"

She sighed. " He is always like this. He thinks he should lead the community and he wants more power than I already have given him."

" Oh." I replied awkwardly.

Senna put her hand on my shoulder and my body tensed up. She soon spoke. " Come on let's get you people inside and Kade can show you around and where you'll be staying for the time being. Also, You guys have to turn in your weapons."

" Why?" Thiago asked, looking in a pissy mood.

Senna soon said." It is for everyone's safety and if you wanna stay. We don't want people carrying guns around and having the potential of everyone shooting each other."