Chapter 21

The gate opened with a very loud bang. Becky and Elijah had opened it and they had smiles plastered on their faces as we drove inside Fearrington. My face was red and puffy from crying the entire night. Violet was dead... Garrett was dead... Thomas was dead... my parents were dead... Jackson was dead... Bradley was dead... I felt hopeless.

Kala was driving because I was crying so badly and she just pulled the shift and put the van into park. She said nothing as she unbuckled her seat belt and opened her door. I just sat in my seat and my face was emotionless. I just stared out the window.

Anais, who was in the back, put her hand gently on my shoulder.        " Come on Claire."

I nodded and waved with my hand for her to get out. " I'll be along in a minute. Just go on without me."

" Alright." She sighed and got out. Slamming the door behind her.

A few tears had formed in my eyes. But I quickly wiped them away with my hand. I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened my door and stepped out. I slammed the door hard in frustration and walked slowly over towards everyone else. Becky and Elijah were no longer smiling. Their faces are now full of sadness and anger.

Violet's body had been wrapped up in a tarp by Doug and James. Her body laid in the bed of the truck. Greta, Bruce, and Greg and the remaining residents from South Hill had returned with us. I trusted them very little. But they knew Violet and were apparently friendly to her. So I'd give them at least a chance.

Kolson who was far away standing by a tree near the park had a face void of emotion. I saw Anais talking to him and comforting him as she told him what had happened. His eyes were full of tears and he hugged Anais tightly.

I walked silently over to Becky. She was void of emotion and she sat on a small bench a few feet away. I sat down next to her. " Hey."

" Claire. How are you doing?" She asked hesitantly.

" I've been better." I replied without even glancing at her.

" Well..." She stopped herself and just leaned back on the bench. " I'm gonna go check on Jesse. Just try to hang on."

" I'll try." With that Becky left and headed for the pantry.

I sat alone on the bench for a good solid few minutes before I finally pulled myself up. I groaned heavily and walked toward the direction of the park. I walked around there for a few minutes before I stopped under one of the only willow trees located in this place.

I scanned the ground for a while and just nodded my head slightly. I soon walked to the pantry. As I got closer I noticed the pools of blood and bullet casings all over the street from the attack. Why did this have to happen? Why did Garrett have to Die? Why did Violet have to die? How many more people had to die before that Psycho was silenced once and for all?

I got to the house where the pantry was. I pulled the door knob open and pushed the door open hard. The door knob hit the drywall and broke it. Which created a medium sized hole. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to slam it shut. Creating a bang. I got to the foot of the stairs and that's when I broke down onto the floor sobbing. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I stayed sobbing like that for a few minutes before I got up and rubbed away my tears aggressively with my hands. I composed myself and walked out. I looked around there for a few minutes and eventually went into the garage. I spied two shovels leaning against the wall near the door. I grabbed both of them.

I started walking back towards the willow tree. I walked for around 3 minutes dragging the shovels behind me along the asphalt. The clanking of the shovels together made me a bit angrier. I was just angry at everything. I was done.