Chapter 9

Violet slowly slowed down the truck as we reached the large white sign. The sign read Fearrington village. It looked like we were coming to some small town. I wondered why she was slowing down here.  

                I then asked. “ Why are we stopping here?” 

     “ James told me a few hours ago to slow the car down when we came to a sign that said Fearrington. I’m just doing what he told me.” Violet replied.

                   “ Alright.” I responded just going along with it. 

       She turned the car down the road that led to Fearrington. She drove for a couple of seconds until she stopped the car in front of a large dual black metal gate. It was surrounded on each side with like that black metal fencing with sharp points at the top. 

                  “ What the hell is this place?” Anais asked from the backseat. 

        “ This is the place James wanted me to stop at. I don’t know why we are here.” Violet said back.

                      Both of the black gates creaked open. I looked and saw 2 people on the inside of the fence opening the gates. A man and a woman. Violet slowly drove the car in and parked it by a fire hydrant and the rest of the trucks pulled inside. 

                I opened my door and got out of the truck. I saw James speaking with the man and woman. The man was around 5 foot 7,  dark brown hair, hazel eyes, maybe in his late 20s. The woman was maybe in her late early 30s, around 5 foot 8 or 5 foot 9, blonde hair, and  beautiful hazel eyes. 

      “ Uh James question.” I spoke up as I approached. 

          He stopped talking to the people and turned to me. “ What is it Claire?”

       “ Uh what is this place and who are these people?” I tilted my head to get a better look at them. 

             “ Oh this is Becky and Jesse and this is place Fearrington. I heard on the radio last night that they were broadcasting and they were urging people to come here.” He replied

              I tilted my head again. Jesse and Becky smiled and waved to me. I awkwardly smiled and waved back. “ Um hi nice to meet you Jesse and Becky. I’m uh Claire Anderson.” 

                 “ Well it’s nice to meet you Claire.” Jesse replied and he smiled. 

        “ Same to you.” I said back. 

                 “ Alright so Claire. I’m Becky again. I’ll show you where you will be staying.” She spoke calmly.

            “ Alright. Let me just go do something.” I replied. 

       She nodded and I walked back to the car.. Anais was watching as Kolson just sat on the curve and wrote words in the dirt with a stick. “ So what is happening?” Anais asked. 

             “ Apparently we are going to stay here.” I replied. 

        “ Oh Really!” Kolson asked excitedly. 

              I nodded and spoke. “ Yeah… it's safe, secure from what I can tell.” 

         “ What do you know? We hit the jackpot in the apocalypse.” Anais teased.

          I silently laughed to myself. “ Yeah we did. So uh the 2 people are named Jesse and Becky. Becky will show us where we are staying or whatever.”