Chapter 48

1 and a half months later… 

          Over a month had passed since our arrival to Ashby and Emiko wanted us to prepare as best as we could for our confrontation with the Shadows. I wanted to also be as bestly prepared as well. I didn’t want any more of us dying to that prick. I also haven't had any hallucinations in the last few weeks. So that was good. I guess…

                  Emiko had also come up with the idea of scouting out Clinton to see what had happened since we had not been there in almost 2 months. Had they destroyed it or was it still up and running? Hopefully it was. I just wanted to go back and see everyone, especially Janet, Amani, and Noa. God did I miss them. My stomach had also increased in size, so now it was more noticeable that I was pregnant. 

                  I sat on the foot of the bed as I pulled my boots on and finished up my kind of morning routine. I looked over at Kolson. He was laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling. His arm was still bandaged up and healing well. I sighed. “ Kolson? You okay?”

                     He looked up at me with an irritated expression. “ No I’m not. My fucking arm is missing!”

                “ Kolson, watch your mouth.” I told him.  

                       He got up from the bed and stared at me. He sighed. “ I’m sorry. I’m just still mad that I have to live with one arm now.”

                    I nodded and walked over to him. “ I know Kols. But you’ll adapt. You’re a tough kid.” I playfully ruffled his hair. 

              His irritated expression turned into a small smile and he laughed. “ Thanks Claire. I also wanted to ask. Can I come with you guys?”

                         I sighed and pulled my hand away. I was not having anything else happen to him. “ Kolson, you know what happened last time we let you come with us. You lost your arm.” 

                       He looked at me and then replied with a pleading face. “ Please Claire. I wanna see Clinton again and maybe the others… Maybe Javier.”

                  I smiled. “ You have really been worried about him over the last month. You really care about him.”

                      His face started  to turn a little red. “ I guess so. But can I come please?”

                  I sighed and gave in and replied. “ Fine. But stay by me. God Anais is probably gonna kill me for letting you come.”

                     He laughed a little and then a sudden knock at the door interrupted us. I looked over at the door wondering who it was and I walked over and pulled it open. As the door opened I saw it reveal that it was Aiden. He was holding something behind his back.