14. The Execution 🩸

The following chapter contains scenes related to bloodshed and can be emotionally traumatic for many. Read only if you are comfortable with such content.

Chandralekha POV

"Father!"

He looked at me and I could see tears collecting in his eyes.

"My doll!" He called me and touched his hands by taking my hands in from in between the iron bars.

"Can you prove your innocence till tomorrow?" I asked him with tears in my eyes.

"I am innocent, my doll! Do you doubt me?" He asked in a sad tone

"Absolutely not! But those people out there. They are going to kill you for something you haven't done." I said with slight anger in my voice.

"No I don't have any proof. I asked Raghav to find out something before I left, but he will need time for that. Something that we don't have right now." He said with disappointment.

"Don't worry Father! I won't let you lose this battle." I said with confidence as I knew what I had to do.

"Rajkumari, come out! Bhaiya's men are coming here for patrolling." Indrajeet informed me in a hurry and I quickly covered myself with the shawl and ran away. We were quick so we didn't get caught.

I went back to my chamber and saw a glass of water kept on the table. I drank it, but it tasted a little different, maybe because it was kept there for long time. I kept planning everything I could do the next day until I slept.

I woke up in the morning, but I realised that I was a little late today. The kingdom seemed chaotic and I could hear people shouting at something. I sat up and realised my head was aching. I tried to stand quickly and rush to the bathroom. It took me a few minutes to become presentable and I ran outside to see what was happening.

There was no one in the palace today. Everything seemed so silent that it felt like it was the silence before a deadly storm. I rushed in the direction of the voice and kept running. It took me a really long time to reach the main entrance of the palace. The front of this door was built on a level higher than the normal Kingdom and it appeared like a stage. This was something that I had noticed the day I arrived at Vijaygarh. I saw a huge crowd that was facing us. I managed to move forward by pushing away the soldiers that were standing on my way. I reached forward and saw Samrat and his family standing on my left and my father standing on the right. His hands were chained behind and two soldiers were standing on either side of him holding his arms.

I looked at the crowd in front of me and was raising slogans in unison.

"Behead him! Behead him! Punish him!" Everyone was against my father. Tears collected in my eyes and I looked at Rajmata speaking something into Samrat's ears. Samrat came forward looking at me and suddenly turned to face the public.

"Is there anyone who wants to say something for this King?" He announced and I said

"I do!" I said loudly with confidence

"I want to confess that I am the witness of the crimes that my father has committed and in the name of God I seek mercy." I sat down at Samrat's feet with adjoining hands

"Please! I've heard of your merciful nature. Please forgive my father. He is going to be your father-in-law. Please forgive him." I pleaded

Samrat looked at me and faced the public

"The daughter of this sinner has accepted his crimes. Now there is no reason to save him. I command my executioner to BEHEAD HIM RIGHT NOW." He said with authority

Words hung in my throat and immediately grabbed his leg and pleaded again

"Please... pleeeeaaaseee......mercy Samrat. Rajmataaaaaaa.....you told me that if I lie he would leave him...."

The soldiers adjusted my father's head on the structure that was meant to give death punishments. I left his leg and rushed quickly to Rajmata. I sat on my knees in front of her and begged

"Rajmata...... please ask your son..... please..... pleeeeaaaseee Rajmata ....you promised me."

I saw the executioner picking up the sword and looked at Rajmata. She was looking at my father's direction with expressionless face. She wasn't seem bothered.

I left her place and stoop up. I started running towards my father and Samrat announced

"Chetan! Hold her."

I ran past him and I felt someone had held me in the midway.

"Noooooooooooooooo! Heee is innocent!" I screamed at top of my lungs.

And the executioner lifted up the sword and in one move, he chopped my father's head off.

Blood spilled all over that place. The executioner's sword turned red.

"Justice is served! Justice is served!" The public kept screaming. My father's head fell at a distance from his body. My voice got hung in my throat and everything started blackening around me. I could hear faded sounds of public until everything turned completely black.

Raghav POV

I was heading back to Devgarh on my horse and I made it run as fast as possible. I had received a letter that our King was summoned at Vijaygarh's court under the charge of women trafficking.

I knew Vijaygarh was behind all this, but I needed a solid proof before I could make any statement. I had entered the borders of Devgarh and saw very few soldiers there. Everything seemed chaotic as if something wrong had happened there. A few soldiers were wounded also.

I rode off my horse and saw my brother Ramveer standing there.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"The accusations that were made against our King were proven right and he got executed in Vijaygarh." He informed me with his eyes lowered

"WHATTTTY?" I was shocked and it felt like the ground beneath me had disappeared for some time. I was about to lose my balance when Ranveer held me

"Bhaiya! Ek aur bohot badi samasya utpann hui hai. Hamare adhe se adhik sainik humpe avishwas jatate hue chale gaye hai. Aur Vijaygarh ke kuch sainik yaha aye the Rajkumari Rooplekha ka apharan karne. Hum sabne unse yudh kia par sankhya me humse adhik hone ke karan wo Vijay hue aur Rajkumari ko baalo se ghaseette hue yaha se lekar Gaye hai."

"Brother! There is one more problem. More than half of our soldiers have left us out of disbelief. And Vijaygarh's army had arrived here to kidnap princess Rooplekha. We fought them but got defeated since we were less in number. They have taken away the Princess with them. They dragged her by grabbing her hair.

Ranveer informed me and I felt another wave of shock travelling through me.

How was today's update?

The real story will begin now. So keep reading, voting, commenting and sharing!

Love you all fellas 💜💜💜