52. 'You can't marry me'

Chandralekha POV

He perched on the cliff, holding on a blazing sword in his tight grip, his face bespoke dominance and confident, and everyone was hailing him.

This wasn't astonishing for me, as his aura is resplendent, but this revelation was the end of our relationship.

I was very sure that nobody could defeat Raghav, when it comes to battle, so undoubtedly, he will ascend the throne of Vijaygarh, and I cannot sit beside him as his Queen, because I'm maligned.

The soldiers, a few advisors, the judiciary members, and his enemy, Yuddhjeet, they all have gawked at my naked body. A Queen holds the pride of the Kingdom, and in my case, forget pride, I've lost my very fundamental self-respect before 107 men. I don't deserve to be his wife!

But my Raghav is stubborn, and he loves me wholeheartedly. I know he would try his best to manipulate me, he would fight the world for me, and this could turn people against him, something that I don't desire to happen.

Even if I start ghosting him, he would not leave me alone. The entire night, I kept pondering upon the ways to separate myself from him, but the reality was different. I wanted to be with him. I was yearning for him. My body was craving his touch, my ears were pining for his voice, and my soul wanted to get binded to his, forever and ever.

My eyes turned lachrymose, my arms were quivering, and my knees felt too feeble to straighten my body up. I had no existence without him. There was no one alive, who needed me anymore. I was reduced to a worthless piece of flesh, that was already spoilt by many sinners.

Life would have been easier, if this truth wasn't revealed. We could live anywhere, like commoners, but now the tables have turned completely. He deserves to be the King, and he will be the King, but I can't sit beside him, as his Queen.

It was already dawn, and faded sounds of horse steps were audible to me. I knew he was leaving for Devgarh, and he must be looking for me, but I posed as a stone-hearted woman, and didn't show my face to him.

I'm sorry, my Raghav! This is important for you. You need to forget me. I don't deserve you.

My psyche whispered to me, and fresh tears drenched my cheeks, as the horses ran away from the Him regions.

I kept wandering here and there, to escape everyone, as I didn't wish to see anyone, except him. My poor heart was longing for him. This was different, and ethereal.

Whatever I had for Yuddhjeet, was just infatuation, but for him, I could feel the actual ache in my heart, the irresistible urge to ogle him again, to touch him again, to kiss him restlessly, until he overpowers me, but all this would cause him more suffering, and I couldn't tolerate it.

This is it, his Chandani! You need be gone completely, to let your Raghav live peacefully. He would mourn your death for a few months, or maybe years, but he will eventually get someone, who would heal him, and she will be his Queen - the rightful owner of his pure love.

My mind whispered to me again, and I decided to end my life. This would ease both of us. I wish my Father, my baby Roop and my dearest Sukanya could forgive me for the immense pain, they have gone through, because of me.

It was night, and my stomach was growling in hunger, but there was no use of feeding it anymore, as it was going to die along with me.

Hiding myself from everyone's gaze, I came to the shore of Gangotri river. Adjoining my hands, I paid salutations to Her, and began walking inside Her. The waves were spine chilling cold, and my feet felt numb to walk further, but remembering Raghav's genuine smile, I kept walking.