| 1 |

Age 6

"Girls! Dinner!" a manly voice called out through the house, making two twin girls snap up their heads in their shared bedroom, before rushing to race down the stairs against each other and sit at the table.

"Can one of you go get your brother?" The soft looking woman, their mom, gently questioned, making the youngest of the twins nod her head before running off to get her brother, who sat in his room, playing with his small toy cars, making small motor sounds and wheel whines as he played.

"Jungwon-ah, mom says you have to go to dinner," the girl, Soomin, told her younger brother who simply nodded and stood up, discarding his toy cars and completely forgetting about them - almost immediately. He rushed up just to grab his sister's hand before they walked back out to the dinner table once again, where they sat down in their usual seat.

Soomin sat down in her usual seat beside her sister, Sunmi, as Jungwon was placed between their parents in his high chair, which he had almost grown out of by now, but still managed to squeeze into, only because he was too stubborn to sit on any other chair. The family all ate together every evening, when both parents were home. It was a rare sight for both of them to be home at the same time, but especially Soomin enjoyed it when they both were home. She loved when they all ate together as a family.

"Sunmi-ah, is there someone you like at kindergarten?" their mom spoke up, realizing it was a long time since she had heard about how it went with her girls in kindergarten. Especially long since she had heard about the eldest's love interests in the kindergarten, she had a habit of catching childhood crushes as easily as her younger sister caught fireflies during the summer.

"Yes!" Sunmi happily replied with a wide grin, showing her small teeth before she shoved a small carrot into her mouth.

"Really? Who?" her mom questioned in excitement, leaning over the table as excitement painted her face as well..

"Sunghoon-ah," Sunmi happily replied, making their mom nod. Of course it had been him, Sunmi always spoke of him when she and Soomin were picked up from kindergarten.

"Why?" her mom questioned with a small smile as she leaned over the table further, almost dipping her hair in the food, if it hadn't been for her husband who quickly moved it for her.

"He's cute and handsome," Sunmi happily replied as her mom let out a small laugh, how could such a young boy already be handsome?

"And is this Sunghoon-ah, an oppa?" the mom questioned, making Sunmi nod at her while the girl stuffed her mouth with chicken once again.

"What about you, Soomin-ah?" their dad spoke up, seeing the younger twin having zoned out in the conversation. She was at least as energetic as her sister, but a lot more shy and prone to zone out. Her dad had always had an eye for that and would easily bring her back to reality whenever she disappeared from it.

"I have a new friend too," Soomin carefully replied with a small hum, acting a bit too mature about the subject for her age.

"Who?" her dad questioned with a smile, glad to hear she had made a friend. It had been one long and hard fight for him and his wife to get her to talk to the other kids, let alone for anything else than borrowing the glue in the creative room. At one point the kindergarten had offered for her to go to a speech therapist simply because they thought she couldn't talk, which was very much not true, and her dad knew that very well. Once you got her going she was the most talkative kid he had ever met, even worse than her sister.

"Park Sunghoon," Soomin carefully muttered in a reply, as she glanced up at her dad while softly poking her vegetables around on her plate.

"A boy!" he gasped at her as she shyly nodded with a small smile on her face, "why?"

"He's kind," the girl replied before a small giggle left her mouth and she quickly covered her cheeks, feeling way too embarrassed to even look up at her dad.

"But he's cute too!" Sunmi exclaimed at her sister, who just nodded in agreement.

"How would you like for Sunghoon to come and visit?" their mom spoke up, much to the shock of both girls, making Soomin's eyes widen meanwhile it was just Sunmi's smile that widened, "in fact, his mom and I are very good friends. How would you like for him to come this weekend?"

"Yes, please!" Sunmi exclaimed, making her mom happily nod.

"Then I'll invite him," their mom nodded in agreement.

"What do you think Soomin-ah?" her dad spoke up, making said girl just shrug her shyness kicking in once again, sure she likes spending time with Sunghoon and he was always nice to her, but she was always too shy to say much to him.

"She'll enjoy it," her mom waved it off before she smiled over at Sunmi.

Later that weekend when Sunghoon came to visit, he was a very shy boy. He happily giggled and chatted with the two girls he knew from kindergarten, but the moment the girls' mom would speak to him he completely shut up and just replied by either nodding or shaking his head. The whole day Sunmi walked in the front with Sunghoon, as her sister just trailed behind them and enjoyed her time as well wandering off to pick flowers around the playground while the two others played on the playground.