| 17 |

Sunghoon was already waiting for me on the sidewalk once I turned down his street. As if I didn't already know it was him he decided to raise his arm above his head and eagerly wave at me, making me let out a small laugh at him as I rushed up to his side.

"So... Ice Boy, what are we doing today?" I questioned, having given him the decision of what he wanted to do without Sunmi, for once.

"I thought we should go to the mall, there's loads of things to do. You can get frozen yogurt, which I know you love," he stated and I nodded in agreement.

"The one true love, yes," I agreed, making him let out a small laugh.

"I know you love watching me skate, so you're gonna learn as well," he stated.

"Not a chance," I shook my head.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad," he nudged my shoulder.

"Then we're also going to the arcade and you're trying out the VR," I stated and his face went pale, nearly transparent even.

"No," he eagerly shook his head as I let out a laugh, recalling Sunghoon's 14th birthday, where the three of us had gone to an arcade and he absolutely had lost it in the VR game.

"I'm kidding, now let's go before Sunmi comes to find you," I warned him, making him widen his eyes and immediately grab my wrist to pull me along with him.

As we reached the mall a wide smile spread on his face and he pulled me to the ice rink in the middle, before even hesitating. He quickly got a pair of skates for each of us.

"Oh... I'll just watch," I shook my head at him and refused the skates he extended to me, "I'd rather keep all my bones intact."

"Come on... I'll help you. Like when we were younger," he pointed out, making me sigh before grabbing the skates.

"What I don't do to cheer you up," I sighed and sat down on a bench beside him.

He easily laced his skates up quickly, before kneeling down and lacing mine up as well.

"I could do that myself," I pointed out making him let out a small laugh before just shaking his head at me.

"You were doing it wrong," he chuckled at me.

"How can you lace a skate wrong?" I snorted.

"The way you did," he pointed out before standing up and gliding out onto the ice with everyone else.

I silently sat and watched as Sunghoon slid across the ice in the most graceful and effortless manner possible. I remember going to his competitions until I moved with dad, I used to bring these small banners to cheer him on. But I don't know if he ever actually saw them.

"Aren't you gonna come?" he let out a laugh and leaned on the board in front of me.

"I was actually enjoying the show," I shook my head at him.

"Please, just for me?" he questioned, making me sigh and carefully step out on the ice. I immediately flailed my arms around like some madman, before Sunghoon quickly grabbed onto my elbows, "you really are a clutz, huh."

"Shut up," I muttered as he just laughed and began carefully pulling me around on the ice, "you know... this actually isn't that bad."

"Oh yeah?" he questioned and let go of me, making me immediately wave my arms around again, before he grabbed my shoulders.

"Sorry," he laughed brightly at me.

"It's okay," I assured. Happy that I at least made him laugh with my actions.

It didn't last long before we were off the ice and just wandering around the mall trying to look for something to do or eat. That's when I had to stop in my tracks and grab onto Sunghoon's jacket.

"What?" he questioned and I pointed to a blue sweater with a pattern on it, "what about it?"

"It's perfect for you," I simply shrugged, making him let out a small laugh and look at the sweater as well.

"I guess it is," he stated, "I should try it on then."

I eagerly nodded as he softly grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him inside the store and let me wait outside the changing rooms as he tried it on.

"So?" he questioned and stepped out from behind the curtain, making me immediately look at him.

"I should become a stylist, holy shit," I commented, making him let out a laugh, "it goes so well with your skin."

"You think?" he questioned and looked down at himself, "I think I'll get it then."

"Please do," I nodded at him and he happily nodded before returning into the changing room, for an odd amount of time. He was gone for a very long time, and I knew he was still in there, I would've seen it if he had gone out, "Sunghoon?"

"I'm stuck," he spoke up.

"How do you get stuck in an oversized sweater?" I let out a laugh at him, "your oddly broad shoulders?"

"No... my ring. I think... Can you help me?" he sighed heavily. I hesitated as I glanced around. No one was near so I quickly stepped into the changing room as well.

"How do you get into these situations?" I sighed and pulled the sweater down, so that he was wearing it properly. Hand stuck to the sweater in an odd way.

"Just please help me," he sighed.

"Just take off your ring," I reminded him and he immediately did so. I easily undid his ring from the few threads it had gotten stuck on, "arms up."

He sighed and put his arms up in the air as I pulled the sweater upwards, catching a quick glance of something dark under his shirt. I immediately frowned and easily pulled the sweater off of him.

"Thanks," he breathed out and grabbed the sweater from me, about to turn away.

"Hold on," I said and grabbed his arm to turn him back around.

"What?" he questioned and I immediately grabbed the bottom of his shirt and lifted it up, "yah! What are you doing?" he exclaimed, but I just stared at the large bruise near his right ribs

"Sunghoon..." I trailed off as I looked at the bruises. Of all people... why him?

"It's just from practice," he excused and tried to pull his shirt down, "I hit the boards quite hard the other day

"Screw you, this is not from practice," I shook my head, "you literally have a handprint on your waist," I pointed out to him making him sigh, "it's Sunmi... isn't it?"

"Can we let it be?" he questioned, "it was just once. We had a small fight."

"No," I shook my head at him and let his shirt drop, "this is why you're avoiding her, the reason you're scared to break up with her. She's not only controlling you, she's hurting you too!"

"Soomin, it was once," he hissed and covered my mouth with his hand, "it's nothing, okay? Just let it be. It's none of your business. Okay?" he questioned and moved his hand away from my mouth.

"But-" I started and he just sternly looked at me, "I'll go home."

I sighed before leaving the changing room and quickly walking out of the mall. I didn't want to leave Sunghoon like that, but if he didn't want to talk about it. I couldn't just ignore it for the whole day, then I'd rather sulk about it in my barely decorated room with my dried sweet potatoes.