| 24 |

"Look, I said it's fine," I repeated to Jake once more as we walked towards the canteen and sat down at our usual table, with our lunches in front of us.

"But I don't want you getting hurt," Jake repeated.

"Hey, look at me... do I look hurt?" I questioned and pointed to my face, making him immediately shake his head, "besides, I'm gonna spend the whole Sunday with you. Doesn't that sound nice?"

"I don't know what we should do," he admitted.

"Well, let's go to Nami Island, visit Petite France and pick strawberries," I shrugged at him and he widened his eyes at me, "the strawberries at this time are the last ones of the season, so they should be the best."

"Pick strawberries?" he questioned and I nodded at him, "you just need some, don't you?"

"So?" I questioned, "I know the people that own the strawberry farm."

"Excuse me," a girl spoke up and I looked up at her. She was around my own age, maybe in Jungwon's year, I'm not sure.

"Yes?" Jake spoke up and the girl looked at me.

"Are you Yang Soomin? Jungwon's older sister?" she spoke and I hesitantly nodded.

"Why?" I frowned in confusion, "what do you want with my brother?"

"I just had to hear," she excused with a shrug before walking off once again.

"Weird girl," I muttered and Jake just nodded in agreement.

"I wonder why it came so suddenly," he commented and looked after her as I just nodded.

"You don't think... She wants to date Jungwon and is trying to split him and Jiyeon from each other, because she knows that no one gets past Jiyeon," I stated and Jake widened his eyes at me.

"But he won't actually do that to her, don't you think?" Jake questioned and I simply shook my head.

"She's basically been living in his room for two weeks," I shook my head, "unless... no, they're fine. Before we know it they're kissing one another on a daily basis."

"Unnie!" Jiyeon's voice yelled out as she rushed over to us, "are you alright?"

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" I questioned with a frown as she quickly sat down at the table.

"That was Song Minji, don't you know who she is?" Jiyeon questioned and I just shook my head, "her little sister is Song Taehee."

"Ah..." I hesitantly nodded, "the girl who desperately wants to date my brother."

"Exactly," Jiyeon nodded, "Minji is in the year just below you and the year above Jungwon and I... rumor has it that she either is head over heels for Sunghoon or is helping Sunmi getting him back."

"So she's after you instead," Jake grinned over at me before he grin faltered, "wait... that's not good."

"Sunghoon and I aren't dating," I shook my head at Jiyeon.

"That's what Sunmi is telling everyone," Jiyeon shook her head, "she's saying that you had an affair going with him behind her back and all sorts of things. She even gathered a little group of girls who fully believed her."

"So this Song Minji... she either wants to date Sunghoon or wants Sunmi to date Sunghoon," I stated and Jiyeon eagerly nodded at me.

"Ji~" Jungwon cooed out before waddling over and picking up in the girl's hair as he looked down at her, "why did you just leave me?"

"I had to speak with unnie," Jiyeon excused, "just watch out... okay?"

"I got it," I nodded at her before Jiyeon craned her head back to look up at Jungwon.

"What is it Won?" she questioned him, making a grin spread on his face.

"We had to eat on the rooftop together, you promised," he stated and she just nodded at him before standing up, "come on," he smiled brightly and immediately grabbed her hand, making her face heat up as he just tugged her along with him.

"I swear they're the cutest," Jake commented in awe as we looked after the two younger ones.

"By now they can just skip the whole dating thing and get married," I nodded in agreement as I shoved a piece of chicken into my mouth.

"Maybe a bit too fast," Jake stated and I simply shook my head.

"You have no idea... as unbelievable as it sounds, Jungwon has been talking about getting married for as long as I can remember," I shrugged and watched the two walk out of the canteen, "and not just to anyone... to her. He's completely head over heels for her."

"Do you know what Jiyeon thinks?" he questioned.

"She told me once..." I nodded at him, "she's not the biggest fan of marriage. But her parents were never really happily married either. I think if she and Jungwon get together, she won't have anything against it anymore."

"What are we even talking about, they're 17," Jake laughed and I let out a small laugh in realization as well, "so this Saturday... you're going to the rink to play support?"

"Yep," I nodded at him, "he even wanted me to make a small banner."

"When are you gonna try out for a team as well?" Jake questioned, "you were literally the best player back in Brisbane."

"Well, the volley tryouts are coming up... maybe I'll try out," I shrugged, making his face light up.

"I'm coming to the tryouts then," he stated and I just nodded at him.

"But I'm not sure. Mom wants me to focus on my studies," I shrugged at him with a small frown.

"Since when did you begin listening to your mom?" he questioned me with a small laugh, "you and your dad used to have your own little world going."

"Sunmi told her that Sunghoon broke up with her because he'd rather be with me," I shrugged and waved it off with my chopsticks, "so now mom thinks she is punishing me by telling me to do my homework. My only problem is science and math..."

"That's why you have me," he reminded and nudged my arm as I just let out a small laugh and nodded in agreement.

"What would I do without you, Jakey?" I questioned as he just grinned widely and proudly nodded at me.