| 19 |

Today was a short day for me at school. Jake was going to practice for now, so I would be going home myself, unless Sunmi was early off as well.

"Hoon?" I spoke up and said boy looked up at me from his desk, "do you know if Sunmi is off now as well?"

"She isn't," he shook his head at me, "why?"

"Needed to know if I had to wait for her," I shrugged and threw my bag over my shoulder, "Have fun at practice Mr Sim," I patted Jake's shoulder before he grinned and ran off from me.

"I'll walk home with you," Sunghoon immediately declared and I looked at him, "you promised to be there when I end it, and I need to have some pep talk before I do it."

"Okay," I nodded at him and he happily followed me all the way home.

Once we reached home I immediately went to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of frozen peas.

"What do you need that for?" Sunghoon questioned in confusion as I met him at the top of the stairs.

"Do you think I am stupid?" I questioned and poked him beside his collarbone, exactly where I had spotted a new bruise earlier at school.

"How'd you know?" he questioned and immediately grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Your button came undone," I excused and rushed towards the attic stairs with my school bag and the bag of peas.

Sunghoon muttered something before rushing after me.

"Bed," I stated and pointed to the bed as I grabbed a t-shirt of mine and wrapped it around the bag of peas.

"Don't boss me around," he said with a frown.

"Right... sorry," I excused and he immediately laid down on my bed as I walked over and sat down beside him, "do you... do you mind if I unbutton a few buttons?"

"All yours," he commented with a wink, making me sigh and roll my eyes at him as he just chuckled.

I carefully unbuttoned three buttons before moving his shirt to the side and seeing the light green bruise, making me let out a small sigh.

"What?" he questioned me in confusion.

"I hate this," I muttered and carefully placed the frozen peas over the bruise.

"Why?" he frowned up at me.

"You don't deserve this," I shook my head down at him.

"You're not gonna cry, are you?" he questioned and tugged my hair behind my ear before gently caressing my cheek.

"Nah," I shrugged at him making him let out a small huff before straightening himself up and leaning against my wall, "the ice pack-"

"Look at me," he sternly spoke, making me look over at him as he softly directed my chin, "this is not your fault. I just refused to cuddle her last night. Don't think about me, worry for yourself."

"But-" I started and tried to look at the bruise, but he was quick to lean in and peck my lips making me look at him with wide eyes instead.

"I don't want to hear it. Trust me... for once," he smugly smirked, making me sigh and just nod at him, "thank you."

I sighed before placing the ice pack back on his chest.

"I don't need that," he shook his head and grabbed the ice pack from my hand. I was about to protest before he just pulled me into his embrace, making him let out a heavy sigh, "much better."

"But... you don't like physical affection," I reminded him.

"Not with Sunmi," he shook his head, "but for you... I want to hold you all the time."

"Cheesy," I muttered, making him let out a small laugh.

"God you're warm... do you have a fever?" he questioned and I just shook my head, "Sunmi is like an ice cube compared to you."

"I'm not Sunmi," I quietly muttered, making him hum in agreement.

"I know," he assured, "I prefer you much more over her. This warmth is nice."

"When you break it off with her... I won't be there," I spoke, making him stiffen up, "I'll watch and if she gets violent I jump in."

"Are you sure?" he questioned and I nodded at him, "I'm nervous."

"Don't be," I assured him, "I'll be there."

"What if she hurts you?" he asked, making me let out a small laugh.

"She's my sister, bold of you to assume she hasn't done that before," I reminded him.

"Mom! I'm home!" Sunmi's voice rang out through the house, "I'll call for Sunghoon to come over!"

"Already here..." I muttered and Sunghoon let out a laugh at me before I straightened up, "wait for her to call you, and then wait another few minutes before going down there. So it doesn't seem like you were with me."

"Why?" he frowned at me.

"You didn't want her to hurt me," I reminded him. He hesitantly nodded-

We both sat in silence as we waited for Sunmi to call him, and once she did I took the time before letting him go down. I hid behind the door to the attic as I watched Sunghoon walk up to the door of the room I once shared with Sunmi. He glanced over at me and I stuck a thumbs up out through the door, making him let out a small chuckle before he knocked on the door.

"Why are you knocking all of a sudden?" Sunmi questioned as she opened the door and Sunghoon immediately went into nervous mode. He was having trouble getting his words out and he fumbled with his hands, "are you alright?"

"I have to say something," Sunghoon let out a deep sigh and he looked to relax much more, "I don't want this anymore."

"Oh... should we start going to your house then?" Sunmi questioned and Sunghoon slowly shook his head. Her smile faltered.

"I don't want this relationship anymore," he clarified and I smiled softly at him. Way to go Hoon.

"Is this because of Soomin?" Sunmi questionedand Sunghoon visibly stiffened up once more.

"No," he calmly replied, "I don't want this anymore. I didn't love you. You can't force me to say that I love you and then have the words be real. I just don't love you."

"Park Sunghoon!" Sunmi exclaimed and hit his chest, making him stumble back a bit. Mostly from the pure shock rather than the actual force in the hit. Sunmi wasn't that strong anyways.

I quickly rushed out upon my cue and quickly grabbed Sunmi's incoming fists towards Sunghoon. She was absolutely raging and her eyes were wide.

"Have you heard him Soomin?" she cried at me, "you heard him? He just broke up with me."

"Calm down Sunmi," I calmly murmured, "calm down."

"This is all your fault!" Sunmi exclaimed and I immediately had a fist coming in for the side of my head.

It turned my head for a short moment, but I was quick to grab her wrists once more before she could continue. Again, it's not like she was a hard hitter, just a repetitive one.

"I did nothing. This is Sunghoon's choice, not mine, not yours," I spoke before looking over my shoulder at Sunghoon, "I think you should go home."

"Bu-" he started making me sigh at him.

"Go," I repeated to him and he hesitantly nodded before rushing downstairs, leaving me with the raging Sunmi.