| 22 |

I looked around the empty room as Jake did the same. The only thing that was there was a bed, desk, and three boxes I already had lifted up weeks ago.

"Okay... so... if you go down and grab the boxes, I'll organize it around so we can easily move around when packing out everything," Jake stated and I nodded at him, "now... shoo."

I let out a small laugh before walking down from the attic and down to Sunmi's room. Learning from my past experiences I knocked on the door before earning a hum and I opened the door. It was just Sunmi in there, sitting by her desk and doing homework.

She didn't say a word to me, so I quickly moved the boxes out on the hallway, before taking them one by one and lifting them up into the attic.

"I was thinking... maybe we should move your desk actually," Jake commented and grabbed the box I had come with.

"We'll look at it when we have everything up," I nodded at him and he just hummed before skipping away with the box.

I quickly turned around with a small smile on my face, before coming face to face with Sunghoon in a matter of centimeters.

"Can we talk?" he spoke up.

"Not now," I shook my head at him, "I'm moving."

"Then I'm waiting here," he stubbornly stated before walking up the few stairs behind me.

"Jake?" I called out, earning a hum, "be nice."

"Always am!" he yelled back, "Oh..." He slowly trailed off as his eyes landed on Sunghoon.

I sighed before leaving the room to go grab the last box from the hallway. I let out a huff as I lifted it off from the ground and wandered back to the door, standing at the bottom of the stairs as I heard speaking.

"You're not doing it to her," Jake calmly declared, making me let out a sigh. I had completely forgotten what he said about confronting Sunghoon.

"Doing what?" Sunghoon questioned in the same cold manner he did to strangers.

"You're playing with her feelings, and I won't let you do it," Jake calmly stated, "either you live up to the feelings you've told her you have, or you leave her alone. Simple as that."

"It's not as easy as you think," Sunghoon snorted.

"It is exactly as easy as I think," Jake let out a small laugh, "now you listen to me. You either stop playing with her feelings or I will smother you."

"As if you could," Sunghoon commented, making me sigh before walking up the stairs and slamming the box to the ground, making both boys look over at me.

"Get out," I stated, making both widen their eyes at me.

"But I'm helping you," Jake exclaimed at me.

"We were going to talk," Sunghoon stated.

"I don't need more help, and I don't need to talk," I crossed my arms, "now one of you leave first so I know you're not gonna claw each other's eyes out once you're out on the street."

"Soph-" Jake started.

"Leave," I stated and watched the boys in anticipation as Jake just let out a sigh.

"I stand by my words ice boy," Jake warned before walking past me and down the stairs, "be careful," he reminded me as I looked down at him over my shoulder and I just nodded before he opened the door and left.

"You stay in place until I can let you go," I warned Sunghoon who silently shoved his hands into his pockets.

I let out a sigh and ran my hand through my hair before walking past him and over to my window, just in time to watch Jake push himself off on his skateboard.

"You leave now," I stated.

"No I'm not," Sunghoon refused and I turned to look at him.

"I don't wanna hear it. You leave now," I calmly spoke, making him just shake his head.

"But I'm not," he denied, "we need to talk it out."

"I don't see what the difference is between you being in my room whilst dating Sunmi or just breaking up with Sunmi," I pointed out to him, "she'll be mad at you nonetheless and we both know where that is going."

"You don't think she's already given me a speech after saying I would go talk with you?" he questioned with a small smile, making me sigh.

"I'll go get the peas," I said and walked back to the stairs.

"I don't want them," he said, making me look over my shoulder at him.

"Too bad," I stated before he rushed over and dragged me back into the room and gestured to my bed.

"Let me talk," he sternly spoke and shoved his hands back in his pockets.

"Why should I?" I questioned him.

"Because I see that I messed up and I have to try and figure out something," he shrugged, "so let me talk."

"Alright," I nodded.

"I know as weird as it might seem, I do still love you," he spoke and I sat completely still and stared up at him, "and I need you to understand that I got back with Sunmi to protect you."

"You're lying," I bluntly said, making him widen his eyes at me, "if you really love me you would not get back with Sunmi to protect me. You would stay with me and protect me yourself."

"Soomin... you need to understand this," he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't believe you," I shook my head at him, "now leave before I tell Jake to come back."

"I'm not scared of that gnome," he snorted at me.

"Continue to stand there and lie to me and say those things about Jake and I can promise you you're not gonna be speaking to me again," I sternly stated, making him sigh.

"I'm sorry... it just slipped," he muttered and ran his hand over this mouth, "I didn't mean for it to come out that way."

"Just leave already," I sighed, "I don't want to listen to this anymore. Come back again when you've made up your mind."

"About what?" he questioned.

"Sunmi, me or just leaving," I replied making him sigh.

"I already have made up my mind," he stated and I arched a brow at him, "you."

"That's not true, and you know it," I shook my head at him, "if I'm your pick, then you would be with me and not Sunmi. Now leave."

"No let me explai-"

"Leave."