| 3 |

"This will be your class," the woman in front of me spoke as she opened a door to a classroom.

"Thank you," I murmured in return and glanced into the room.

"Is that the new student?" the teacher from inside the class spoke. I hesitantly nodded, "do you speak English?"

"Yes," I nodded at him, and he waved me inside as the door behind me closed.

"Introduce yourself," he urged and I nodded at him before looking out over the class.

"I'm Yang Soomin, I just moved here from South Korea," I told the class, refraining myself from looking directly at anyone, "my dad is trainer Yang, for the soccer team."

"Ah, trainer Yang," the teacher nodded at me as I nodded at him, "then you can take a seat by one of his players. Jake," he stated and pointed to a boy sitting with a wide smile on his face.

I smiled widely as I walked down and sat beside him, immediately he leaned over towards me.

"Hi," he spoke up, taking me by surprise. That would not have been okay back home. The teachers would have him in detention almost immediately, at least my old teachers would've.

"Hi," I replied, after coming over my shock.

"Your name was Soomin?" he questioned and I nodded at him, "it's a bit hard for people here to pronounce, do you have an English name as well?" he sheepishly grinned at me.

"Uh... I don't, no," I shook my head at him making him hesitantly nod.

"Can I give you an English name then?" he excitedly questioned.

"Uhm, sure, yeah. Why not?" I nodded at him, making him hum before leaning back in his seat and got a thoughtful expression on his face.

"It should still start with S, I think," he muttered to himself, tapping his chin twice as I let out a small smile at how he was thinking hard about it, "how about Sophie? Or Sydney?"

"Sydney? Like the city?" I questioned him and he eagerly nodded.

"Then you can think of how you got it by the most handsome classmate you ever met," he smiled with oozing charms, making me let out a small laugh before he let out a small giggle as well.

"I'd prefer Sophie, in that case," I replied to him, making his grin widen.

"I also liked that the most," he happily pointed out to me, "do you speak Korean?"

"Of course I do," I let out a small laugh at him.

"Because I'm Korean, but I can't speak," he pointed out to me.

"I can teach you, if you'd like," I offered, making him gasp at me.

"Then I have trainer Yang and teacher Yang," he let out a happy laugh.

---

"You know... Sunghoon asked after you today, at school," Sunmi revealed as I was talking with her over my computer screen, whilst doing homework.

"He did?" I questioned as I continued to sit and do my homework.

"Mhm. I just had to tell him," she pointed out to me, making me look up at the screen. She looked apologetic.

"I know," I nodded at her, "that's fair enough."

"He felt disappointed you didn't tell him," she nodded at me.

"Why?" I frowned at her, "I thought he was closest to you."

"He's your friend too Soomin-ah!" Sunmi exclaimed at me, "you've known each other since we were in kindergarten. How can he not be disappointed?"

"I thought he would be more disappointed if you left," I shrugged at her, "I didn't think it would matter if it was me."

"You're ridiculous," she shook her head at me, pursing her lips. Sighing and then continuing, "but is everything alright? Are the others nice to you?"

"I made a friend," I proudly nodded at her, "I'm gonna teach him Korean, he's on dad's soccer team."

"What's his name?" she happily questioned.

"Jake," I replied and she gasped at me.

"Sounds like he's good looking," she commented in surprise, "is my sister picking up hot dudes?"

"I'm not picking them up, and you don't even know if he's good looking simply based on his name," I let out a small laugh, "I got seated beside him in math, and he was just very kind."

"My sister is getting together with a boy!" Sunmi happily squealed, making me gasp at her.

"That's not true!" I loudly defended myself, "he's just my friend."

"Mhm, whatever you say," she hummed at me with a sassy snap of her fingers, making me let out a small laugh.