| 13 |

My phone rang on my desk as I was tying my tie, making me immediately pick it up.

"I am coming," I assured, after having seen it was Jake who had called.

"Can you please hurry up? Ice boy is sending icicles at me with his eyes," Jake hissed through the phone making me look out my window and down on the street.

I was yet to move out of the room I shared with Sunmi, I had to put furniture... or at least my bed up in the attic. Down on the street Jake stood with one foot up on his skateboard and glanced over at Sunghoon, occasionally, who just looked to be glaring at Jake.

"Seriously, what is it with that boy?" I questioned with a small laugh, "I'm coming now, don't worry."

"Thank you!" he exclaimed before ending the call.

I let out a small laugh before grabbing my bag and rushing down to Jungwon's room, where I carefully knocked on the door. Jiyeon was knocked out on his bed as he sat by his desk.

"You're not going today?" I questioned and he just shook his head before looking up from his homework.

"I'll go tomorrow," he waved it off, "I want to make sure she's alright. She's been sleeping a lot this weekend."

"Take care of her Wonie," I reminded him and he just nodded at me.

"Always have noona," he assured and I smiled softly at him.

"I'll go now," I stated and quickly rushed down the stairs, past Sunmi and quickly pulled on my shoes before running out of the door, "Jake Sim!"

"Savior!" he happily exclaimed and threw his arms up in the air as he saw me.

"You didn't call to tell me!" I exclaimed at him as I marched down towards the sidewalk from the front door, "how'd it go?"

"Oh... I made the team," he grinned widely at me, "your dad is the trainer, you know? He already loves me."

"Of course he does," I rolled my eyes with a small laugh, "if it was up to him you would be his son in law," I joked with a small laugh.

"I'd rather not," he shook his head at me with a scrunched up nose in disgust.

"Next time... reject me in a more polite way," I reminded him, "and can't you tell him that? He won't listen to me when I say I don't want to date you."

"Well... we can take it with him today at practice," he reminded me, "you're gonna stay like usual... right?"

"As per usual," I happily nodded at him and he gestured to his board.

"Step up on the express," he grinned and I let out a small laugh before stepping up and he stepped up behind me.

"When are we continuing in your room?" Sunghoon spoke up, just before Jake pushed us off.

"Oh... Jake was going to help me with decorating it. You don't have to worry about it anymore," I assured with a smile.

"But-" Sunghoon started off but was immediately interrupted.

"Hoonie!" Sunmi called out as she ran down to said boy.

"Better go," I told Jake and he just nodded, "see you at school Hoon!"

With that Jake pushed us off and skated us on our way to school. We walked to class together and sat in our usual seats, for Sunghoon to sit in his usual seat behind us.

"You look... rather exhausted," I commented on Sunghoon's face. It's impressive how he could go from looking completely fine when I left home to just looking like he wanted to jump out the window.

"Do you think Sunmi would be mad if I stopped walking her to school?" he questioned me and ran a hand through his hair.

"She will most likely kill you," I shrugged at him, "just kidding. But was she bad this morning?"

"She's just non-stop talking and clinging to me," he shook his head at me in disbelief.

"Now... I'm not a relationship expert... but dude... she's your girlfriend, she will be clingy," Jake spoke, making Sunghoon glance over at him and just shake his head with a sigh.

"But it's more than usual. She wouldn't let go of my arm or hand all the way here," Sunghoon exclaimed before looking over at me, "can you believe it?"

"For reference, Hoon has never really been that much for physical affection," I quickly informed Jake.

"Well... it depends," Sunghoon spoke up.

"It really doesn't," I shook my head at him, making him just sigh and nod in agreement.

"Well... if you're that tired of her, break up with her," Jake said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"I can't," Sunghoon sighed, making Jake and I look at each other with a frown.

"Why not?" I questioned him.

"I just can't, okay?" Sunghoon sighed, making me just hum and turn to Jake.

"Do you know which position you will be playing?" I questioned him and he just shrugged.

"I think I'll be playing on offense," he murmured, "but I'm not sure."

"Of course you'll be on offense," I let out a small laugh, "do you have any idea how many goals you scored back in Brisbane?"

"A lot," he replied with a sheepish grin.

"Exactly," I stated, "and I'll be sitting at the bleachers as per usual and scream my lungs out in favor of your goals."

He let out a laugh at me as he simply just shook his head at me. If Maddie and Eli were here, it would almost be like how it usually was.