| 20 |

"Remember the game is tonight," Jake happily reminded as we packed our books down in our bags.

"I know," I nodded at him, "and I have to be there an hour before to cheer you on for practice... as per usual."

"Of course," he nodded at me.

"So... I'm afraid I'll have to leave you here for the time being," I stated and his face immediately fell, "because I have to go get my jersey back at the house to cheer you on properly."

"You haven't made me a small banner or something?" he let out a laugh at me.

"I never have and never will," I shook my head.

"Why?" he frowned at me.

"Last time I did, the person couldn't care less. So you're not getting a banner either," I calmly shrugged, "now I have to go if I really want to make it on time. I only have half an hour after all."

"I'll take you," he spoke up, "half an hour is plenty of time."

"Whatever you say Sim," I cooed at him before dragging him with me outside.

"Don't you think it's weird Sunghoon wasn't at school today?" Jake spoke up as he pushed us off towards my house.

"He's probably just sick," I shrugged as he continued to navigate us around, "it's none of my business."

As we arrived at my house Jake patiently waited outside on the sidewalk as I rushed inside, just to be greeted by the smell of cookies. Who in the world would bake cookies right now?

"Sunmi?" I questioned as I saw my sister standing in the kitchen with an apron on.

"Welcome back lovely sister, long day at school? I'm making cookies," she grinned widely, making me frown at her. That was unnerving.

"Are you alright?" I questioned in shock.

"Why I'm absolutely fine," she assured, "can't a girl be happy when her boyfriend takes her back?"

"He what now?" I questioned in disbelief what I was hearing.

"You heard it right Soomin-ah~ Sunghoon wants me back," she grinned and skipped around the kitchen.

I watched in disbelief before rushing up to my room and dug into the first box I saw.

"I swear that idiot, I'm gon-" I started off as I grabbed a hold of the familiar fabric.

"I guess I'm the idiot," Sunghoon said and I snapped my head over to my bed, where he was sitting.

"I have two things for you," I said and held up two fingers, "one, you have to stop just wandering into my room and making yourself comfortable when I'm not here. Two, are you absolutely out of your mind?"

"I couldn't do it," he shook his head at me before grabbing onto my pillow and hugging it, "not after what she did to you yesterday."

"It was just a hit for crying out loud," I sighed at him and pinched the bridge of my nose, "nothing else happened."

"You don't know what she would've done," he shook his head at me.

"She's my sister, of course I know," I reminded him and crossed my arms at him, "so now what? You're just gonna go and be miserable under her wrath?"

"If this is about us then we could still... you know... try and be a thing behind her back," he offered and I immediately shook my head.

"Not happening, not a chance," I stated and pulled off my blazer and tie, making him widen his eyes at me, "what?" I questioned and pulled on the jersey I had had in my hand.

"Can't we just please try?" he quietly begged.

"I'm not doing this behind my sister's back. Especially not when she's already with you," I shook my head at him, "I tried to help you out with this. But if you don't use my help properly, then you're not getting any more of it. Have fun on your own."

"But Soo-" he started as I had turned around to walk away again.

"I don't want to hear it," I snapped before closing the door behind me and calmly walking outside.

The moment I stepped out of the front door a frown grew on Jake's face, he could already sense something was up.

"What is it with you?" Jake questioned me as he stepped away from his board.

"I'm so done," I simply shook my head.

"Wanna stay the night?" he questioned with a small smile, "Layla would love it."

"It's fine. I have my own room now," I shook my head at him, "I'm moving everything in on Saturday... or hopefully everything."

"Well... we should get going," he stated and I nodded before we both stepped back up on his board and went off towards the school.

By the end of the night it was quite distracting to watch the game and how many goals Jake actually scored, meaning that our school had actually won.