| 23 |

It's funny how a peaceful moment of just silently reading on your bed can turn into utter chaos within moments. I hadn't even gotten a chance to react before the door had flung open and Sunmi had run into my room.

"You bitch!" she screamed at me, making me frown before widening my eyes at the book she had thrown straight at me.

I quickly shielded my face with my arms and the closed book before rolling down on the other side of my bed as she continued to scream things at me over and over again as she continued to throw whatever she had within reach, at me.

"What did I do?" I yelled out as I duck down the bed once more, "Sunmi! What did I do?"

"This is all your fault!" she exclaimed at me before grabbing something from one of my boxes before grinning widely at what was in her hand, "oh... would you look at that... I've reached the medicine box," she grinned and pulled out my inhaler as well, "this is mine now."

"You don't need it," I shook my head as I stood up on the other side of the bed.

"I do now," she grinned before happily swinging it around in the air before grabbing a book and throwing it after me, "if you need it! I want it!"

"Sunmi! Please!" I exclaimed and shielded myself with my arms as the book hit me.

"You have to stop," Sunghoon commented and grabbed Sunmi from behind, immediately grabbing my inhaler from her, "I said what I said. It's my decision."

"But you chose her over me!" Sunmi screamed and tried to get out of his grip, as he just tightened it around her.

"You need to accept it, Sunmi," Sunghoon coldly stated, "the world doesn't always act in your favor."

"This is not over," she said as she stared hard at me.

"Oh, it definitely is," I stated and began picking up my books.

"Let me go Sunghoon, I'll go now," Sunmi muttered before being let go and rushing out of the room.

"What the hell have you done?" I sighed at Sunghoon as I lifted the stack of books over on my desk.

"Made up my mind," he shrugged and shoved his hands into his pockets before a small smile spread on his face, "broke up with Sunmi..."

"What exactly did you tell her?" I suspected seeing as she immediately had gone to target me.

"That I couldn't be with her when I'd rather have you," he shrugged, making me sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"You're absolutely out of your mind," I sighed at him, "if you don't want her to target me, why in the world drag me into it?"

"Didn't think about that..." he realized and looked down, "but now I properly made up my mind... and it's you."

"It is?" I arched a brow at him as he just nodded with a small hum.

"You need me to prove it?" he questioned.

"That I do not," I immediately shook my head. Getting flashbacks to the first time I told him I didn't believe him in his feelings towards me, "I don't need for you to snog me again."

"Why not? Aren't you my girlfriend now?" he cheekily grinned and exchanged the weight back and forth between his heels and toes.

"You think it is that easy? Just to break up with Sunmi?" I questioned him, making his face fall.

"Don't you believe in my feelings?" he questioned, dumbfounded.

"I'm not sure if I do," I shook my head, making him quickly rush over to me and grab onto both my hands.

"Tell me what to do and I'll do it. I'll do anything," he eagerly stated, making me let out a small laugh at him.

"I don't need you to do anything," I simply smiled at him, making him frown, "I need for you to be your usual self, and for now... let me check if she gave you any bruises with that decision."

"You don't have to," he immediately shook his head, making me squint my eyes up at him, "I don't want you to see me without a shirt on."

"Why? Am I not nearly your girlfriend?" I cheekily questioned, mocking his quick assumption. He immediately sighed at me.

"I don't want you to check," he shook his head, a frown immediately dawning upon my face.

"What'd she do?" I sternly questioned.

"Nothing," he simply replied with a small shrug.

"Sunghoon..." I trailed off, "I know you're lying. Show me."

"No," he shook his head and I immediately pulled my hands to myself, "why?"

"Show me," I said and crossed my arms.

"You'll be mad," he said as he shook his head.

"More than I will get if you don't show me?" I questioned with an arched brow, making him sigh, "please... I just want to help."

"This really is a whole lot different than Sunmi," he ran a hand through his hair and licked his lips before looking down at me once again, "on one condition."

"What?" I questioned him and he looked over towards my window.

"Two," he corrected himself, "I have a competition this weekend, I want you to show up with one of those adorable banners you used to make for me."

"You saw?" I questioned in surprise.

"Of course I saw, already then I was head over heels," he waved it off making a small smile appear on my face as he looked back to my window, "and you let me build your window seat?"

"Since when have you gotten such skills?" I questioned him in amusement.

"I don't, but I know someone who can help me," he smirked down at me.

"Jay," I sighed and he happily just nodded at me.

"So... competition is Saturday... I'm on the ice at three," he informed and I just nodded at him, "Sunday, you... ugh, I hate to say it... but you go out with Jake and we fix this."

"Don't be jealous of Jake, please," I sighed at him, "he's just a friend, and if you took time to get to know him you'd probably love him more than me."

"Fair point... but no," he shook his head stubbornly at me, "another thing... I'm scared of walking down those stairs again."

"Understandable," I nodded in agreement, "but before you go... you have something that belongs to me," I stated and extended my hand towards him.

"Wha- oh!" he remembered and dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out my inhaler, "I didn't even know you needed this."

"As I said... wallflower," I reminded him with a small smile and grabbed it from him.

"I'll learn," he nodded at me with a determined smile, "before you know it I'll be carrying that thing with me everywhere, so you don't have to."

"Okay... that's enough for today," I sighed and softly pushed him towards the stairs, "I was in the middle of a very important chapter, and I can't chat all day. I also have to get everything packed out soon. So gather up your courage and walk out this house with pride."

"Before I go though..." Sunghoon turned around and grinned down at me.

"What?" I questioned and he immediately grabbed both sides of my head and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Give it this week... before Monday, you're officially mine," he grinned down at me before turning on his heel and walking off.

That's when it hit me. I forgot to check him for bruises. I quickly widened my eyes before rushing out from the attic and downstairs, out on the street and he was already long gone.

"How in the world..." I trailed off in confusion as I looked around, "how can he be so fast?"