| 12 |

Turns out painting a room took much more time than either Sunghoon or I first thought. So here we stood on a Sunday, to finish the work we started yesterday.

"Noona?" Jungwon spoke up, making both Sunghoon and I stop painting.

"What is it Wonie?" I looked over to him as he stood fiddling with his hands by the stairs.

"You know Ji slept over, right?" he spoke and I nodded, "she told me... you know... she said you know."

"I do," I nodded at him.

"Could you perhaps... help me?" he questioned carefully and waved me over.

"Oh... uhm... I told Sunghoon," I spoke up and Jungwon just nodded at me.

"She doesn't want that many to know," Jungwon stated, "at least not Sunmi noona."

"And surely she won't," I assured him and glanced over at Sunghoon who just nodded in agreement, "so you need help?"

"You know how I feel about her, right?" Jungwon questioned and I nodded at him.

"Where is she now?" I questioned with a small frown.

"I let her sleep in my bed... she's been out for quite a few hours," Jungwon carefully explained and I just nodded at him, "I just... I want to make her feel better. But, I don't know what she needs right now."

"Come sit down," I waved him over and sat down on the floor with crossed legs as Sunghoon followed suit and waved Jungwon over as well, making him immediately bounce over to us and plop down on the floor with a small huff and pout, "you don't know what she needs?"

"No," he simply shook his head at me and I laid my paintbrush down on the plastic beside me.

"Listen here," I started and he looked over at me with big eyes, "I can't tell you what she needs right now. Of the three of us, you're the one who knows best," I pointed out and gestured between Sunghoon, Jungwon and I, "but I can tell you one thing she needs. She honestly just needs for you to stay with her, by now it got too much for her and she just snapped. The thing she needs the most right now is someone to lean on, and who has that always been?"

"Me," Jungwon stated and I nodded at him, "so she just needs me?"

"She definitely needs you to be a sort of rock for her. She may not need to speak about it, you can ask her if she wants to. If she doesn't, that's alright, she'll eventually talk more about it. If she wants to talk about it, just sit and listen to her. If she breaks down crying, assure her that it's alright, all that stuff," I waved it off to him and he just nodded, "do what you normally would do. She just wants something familiar to lean on."

"So I don't need to get her chocolate or flowers?" he questioned and I let out a small laugh.

"Not flowers," I shook my head, "but she most likely has some snack or drink that normally gets her in a better mood. If you feel that is necessary, then sure go get that for her. But just keep in mind she might not have the appetite," I reminded him and he just nodded at me.

"Should I let her go home?" he questioned.

"Only if she wants to," I assured him, "remember you can see her room from yours, so it's not dangerous to let her go. You would be able to see if she needs you. Just like how she came running over all those times you've slipped in your room, and haven't gotten up fast enough."

"I thought we weren't gonna speak about that," he pointed out and I let out a small laugh.

"But honestly, the best you can do for her now is to listen and be there," I assured him and he just nodded at me, "don't treat her like some porcelain doll, she is still the same Jiyeon you have been used to. She's just decided to show you another side to her."

"I have something else," Jungwon stated and pulled his knees up to his chest, making me hum at him, "I just... I don't get it."

"Well, what is it that you don't get?" I questioned him as I could see his eyes glaze over as he just stared at the floor in front of his feet.

"It's just... I've known her for so long," he stated and I hummed for him to go on, "and all that time she's been the happiest and brightest person in any room I've ever been with her in. She never hesitates to help anyone and she's just the kindest person I know. I don't get how anyone could say such things to her," he stated as tears welled up in his eyes and he quickly wiped them away with his thumbs before they got the chance to fall.

"It's not something we can control," I reminded him.

"I just feel like I should've known so I could protect her," he stated, "she's always so quick to take care of me after a competition, and yet she's gotten all these things... and I haven't taken care of just one," he sighed and ruffled a hand through his hair, "I'm a terrible friend."

"Woah, woah, track back," Sunghoon stated and widened his eyes at him, "you're most definitely not a terrible friend. She chose not to tell you because she didn't want you to take care of whatever she's dealing with. If you were a terrible friend would she then have come to you as the first yesterday?"

"No..." Jungwon trailed off as he looked down at the ground.

"Would she then be sleeping in your bed right now?" Sunghoon questioned and Jungwon let out a small laugh.

"Most definitely not," he shook his head with a small smile on his face.

"Now shut up about being a bad friend," Sunghoon nudged his shoulder and I let out a small smile at the sight.

"Besides, even if you were a terrible friend you would probably be a terrific boyfriend to her," I pointed out with a wink.

"I'm gonna go," Jungwon shook his head before standing up and walking over to the stairs as I let out a small laugh and leaned back on my hands, "are you sure she just needs me right now?" Jungwon turned back to look at me.

"Positive," I nodded at him, "just go already."

Jungwon let out a small smile before nodding and rushing down the stairs to go back to Jiyeon. As the door closed I let out a small laugh and straightened up once more.

"Ah... look at me, giving out advice on such things," I sighed and looked towards the closed door.

"I think you did well," Sunghoon spoke up before standing up and extending his hand towards me, "you weren't lying after all."

"I know... I'm amazing," I grinned and he let out a small chuckle at me before I grabbed his hand and he immediately pulled me up into his embrace, "what are you doing?"

"This," he replied and placed his wet paint brush on my nose before letting out a small laugh.

"Yah! Park Sunghoon!" I exclaimed at him before grabbing his paintbrush in my fist and placing a handprint on his right cheek making him let out a gasp at me.

"Oh you're on Yang," he remarked as he let go of me to grab something.

"Try me Park!" I retorted with a laugh as we continued to throw paint after one another with laughs as we ran around the room. Good thing everything that shouldn't be painted was covered by something.

"Aish, now look at my hair Yang," Sunghoon sighed as he looked at a bright white lock of hair that fell right between his eyes.

"Hey... at least you still look handsome," I pointed out to him with a small giggle.

"You think I'm handsome?" he questioned with an arched brow and smirk.

"Oh gather yourself, you have a girlfriend," I reminded him, making his smirk momentarily falter.

"Can't stop me from thinking you're beautiful," he cooed, making my face heat up as he just laughed, "awe... I made you flustered."

"No... I just got a serious amount of secondhand embarrassment from that comment," I defended making him let out a bright laugh at me.