| 2 |

Age 16

"Where are you going?" Soomin frowned from her bed, looking up from her book, as her sister waltzed around their room as she did her hair.

"We're going out with Sunghoon, remember?" her sister spoke up, making Soomin widen her eyes at her. She had forgotten everything about that. But she should've known from how her sister had begun getting ready extra early - something she always did whenever they went out with Sunghoon.

"When, exactly?" Soomin questioned as Sunmi paused and checked the time on her phone, not even sparing her sister a glance as she turned to look at herself in the mirror, after having checked the time.

"He promised to come pick us up in five minutes," Sunmi replied with a shrug, brushing her bangs carefully to the side, making sure it sat perfectly "if you don't want to come, you can just stay."

"Oh come on, being your third wheel is my favorite outdoor activity," Soomin sarcastically replied as she got up from her bed and slipped out of her sweats and into the jeans that were draped over the back of her desk chair.

"Soomin-ah?" Sunmi spoke up, making Soomin hum as she turned around and zipped up her pants, at once, "do you still like him?"

"Oh, no, no. Don't worry," Soomin waved it off, lying through her teeth. Truth be told the two sisters had always fancied Sunghoon, but Sunmi had always been the most forward of the two. Unconsciously pushing her sister to the back, throughout the past nine years. Soomin didn't mind, sure it hurt to see her sister and Sunghoon get along so perfectly, but she couldn't complain if she never was gonna get the courage to tell him any of her feelings, "you go ahead, do your flirting, winky face and all that stuff, I do not give a care."

"Good, because I was hoping to ask Sunghoon out today," Sunmi smiled widely at Soomin who just nodded with a small smile on her face. Of course she was gonna do that, add salt to the wound already.

"Good luck," Soomin happily cheered on her sister, before Sunmi ran over and threw her arms around Soomin's neck, a shaky breath escaping her sister.

"You think he's gonna say yes?" Sunmi questioned in a panicky voice.

"Not a doubt in my mind," Soomin shook her head, "you better update me."

"I'll send you a text the moment he replies," Sunmi assured as she pulled away from her sister.

"The little ice princess," Soomin cooed at her.

"You're a genius! I'll ask him on a date and take him to the rink, then he can help me learn how to skate... and it'll be romantic, I'll accidentally fall into his arms," Sunmi gasped at her sister in realization, "god I'm gonna miss your geniusness."

"It's only for two years," Soomin smiled softly, for once feeling sad by the realization she won't be seeing her sister for two years, "while dad is off to teach in Brisbane."

"You've always been dad's favorite," Sunmi sighed at her sister, placing her hands on her hips as she took a step back to look at Soomin, "it shows you know."

"And you've been mom's," Soomin reminded her with a small snort of disbelief, "of course I would go with dad."

"Jungwon's been sad about it," Sunmi reminded with a sad expression on her face, "he has complained about who will cheer him on at his competitions."

"I know," Soomin nodded in assurance, "just promise to go to all of his matches for me. Cheer him on the best you can. Make him small banners."

"No one can cheer as well as you," Sunmi reminded with a laugh andSoomin let out a small one as well.